"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Thursday, June 05, 2008

A bum and a half

Monday. First day as an official bum. Unpacked the junk I brought home from work. Sorted them out. Temporarily placed them haphazardly on any surface that wouldn't trip over anyone. Went to One Utama to do a little shopping. Met up with my insurance agent for some updates and planning. Met up with LY and FH, made a quick trip to Digital Mall and to Paramount for dinner. Went over to D's. Attempted to set up webcam.

Tuesday. Spent the morning excavating my room. It's funny how it still looks like a disaster area. Went to Mid Valley with dad. Used half my Metrojaya voucher (RM50) on nice fluffy towels at 70% off. Not bad. Had lunch at Little Penang Cafe. Collected Saffron keys. Paid for more stuff. Felt very poor. Drove home in heavy rain. Dinner with D. Watched a DVD. Fiddled with Skype. Webcam worked but mike didn't. Hmmm.

Wednesday. Consolidated my bills into credit card auto debit. Not applicable to Streamyx and Syabas (water). Sigh. Went to the gym at The Curve. Walked to One Utama to avoid crazy traffic jam and petrol station hunters - price went up to RM2.70 per litre today. It was only a 13-min brisk walk. Had dinner at Shogun with LY and WY. Not very good (the food, not the company). Had coffee with LY back at The Curve. Drove home. Traffic at the LDP at a stand still. Strangely, it was not caused by the Shell Station along the highway. Since the LDP wasn't moving anyway, I thought I might as well swing by and join the queue to fill my half-full tank. It was 11.50pm. At 12.05am, I filled RM50 worth of petrol at the old price, saving myself RM14. What can that buy me these days. Back on the LDP, traffic was at a crawl, but it was moving a little. Got home at 12.30am, about an hour since I left The Curve.

Thursday. Right now. Wee hours of the morning. Regretting the coffee I had 3 hours ago.

Labels: ,

2 wandered by:

Blogger drownedglass said...

Hmm. You brought junk back from work. You actually unpacked said junk and put them all over the room. Then you went shopping.

And you wonder why your room looks like a disaster area :P

There's something about moving that makes you just don't wanna move, isn't it?

-Hugs-

12:04 am  
Blogger adriene said...

nut, u are one of the most un-bum-like persons i know. look at all the activity you squeezed into just this week!

adriene

1:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home