"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Sunday, March 30, 2008

KLIM Half Marathon 2008

Made it in 2:46 on the dot.
Slower than my PJ Half time last year by about 8 minutes, but OK lah considering I've been kinda slack with training and didn't run at all since last weekend.

The route today felt alot longer than it really was, especially the first 10-12km. The incline at Taman Seputeh and the long stretch at Seremban highway next to the Sg Besi airport made me feel like the run would go on forever. I was quite tempted to call it quits and hop into the 'quitter bus'. That didn't happen not because I had strong resolve or anything, but I didn't see the bus at all. When I reached the 10km point, my watch said I took an hour and a half. Boy, that was s-l-o-w.



Things got alot better when I reached Dewan Bahasa Dan Pustaka. Ran through Imbi, Bukit Bintang, Raja Chulan, Sultan Ismail before turning into Jalan Raja Laut and into Jalan TAR towards the finish line.

All in all, I enjoyed the run, and no major aches and pains except for sore feet. Not today anyway. I'm glad I brought my iPod along this time. It added to the weight but I doubt I would have survived the first 10km without it.

Hung around to have my favourite post-race cold Milo, saw the cycling gang who did the 10km today, as well as JO who ran her first race today. MK did well at the 21km too. MS looked so darn cute with her angel wings. And that girl on the right was stalking her for photos. Hahaha.

Labels:

2 wandered by:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

u didnt mention the highlights of the day... which happened after the race at 1U!!!

-SM-

8:12 am  
Blogger CapArnabBrand said...

Clap clap... Kudos on a fine effort!

10:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home