"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

18 days to go

My last day is on Friday. I'm really gonna miss this place and the people who are my dearest friends. Even if I don't leave, it wouldn't be the same anyway. YL is leaving for HK. JH is leaving for another place. TL and RK have left. Now I'm just sad to leave the rest of them. I should start packing my workstation.

I'm collecting my visa tomorrow. Income tax clearance done, so I won't be deprived of my final salary. Some freelance moolah has come in, and I've cashed out some of my unit trust, so I'm not surviving on a near empty bank account. I've vaccinated my girl and renewed her overdue doggy license.

My To-Do list is considerably shorter now, but it still feels like a lot to cover in less than 3 weeks! At this time last week, I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I'm just glad the worse is over, and all the crucial things like the visa and income tax stuff are settled.

Post Edit as of 4.6.08
  • Collect my visa tomorrow Done!
  • Confirm flight and collect ticket Done!
  • Clean up my room (again) - sort out To Bring, To Ship, To Throw
  • Start packing
  • Get my bike stuff sorted out (JW, I'll be calling you soon about the trainer!)
  • Call my insurance agent to check on my coverage Done!
  • Consolidate all my bills Done!
  • Do up a Sunshine Manual for my parents and her dogma Done!
  • Spend some quality time with people I love
  • Catch up with friends
  • Check if I can get the keys to my apartment soon and how to manage it while I'm gone Done!
  • Get shipping quote
  • Get my own domain and put together a China-friendly blog
  • Get a freaking hair cut!
Anything else I should remember?

Labels:

3 wandered by:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you're packing, don't forget about me...

*D hopeful that he fits into luggage*

D

9:40 am  
Blogger aref khalid said...

hugs us all.

A.

7:39 pm  
Blogger drownedglass said...

DON'T FORGET! Drink lots of water. And breathe :-)

*Hugs*

8:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home