"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Friday, May 09, 2008

Flattered

I received this in my Inbox today.

You've been sent a Flickr Mail from Eolodriel:

-----------------------------------------------

:: Story on Khmer language in Cambodia magazine

Hi,

I'm working for a small magazine in Cambodia,
called Southeastern Globe. In our next issue we
would like to do a story on the Khmer language.
As a former photo editor from Germany I'm still
in charge for pictures at this magazine.

I found pictures of Sanskrit on your Flickr and
we would like to use them in our magazine. Can
we print your photos in our magazine? As we are
a very small magazine, we cannot afford pictures
from Corbis or Getty Images e.g. But I could send
you one or two copies of our next issue.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best wishes from Phnom Penh,
Arne

I think this is the photo he's talking about, taken 2 years ago with my amateurish but fun to use Canon Powershot S2 IS on macro mode. No biggie really. Now I'm really wondering if I should fix my camera. Or invest in an entry level DSLR with money I currently don't have. Uh-huk. Speaking of which, I really should call up the Canon service center soon.

Labels:

4 wandered by:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good that they're at least asking for permission from you before blatantly stealing it!

They could have, because you never would have known but I'm glad they did the right thing:)

And of course, GOOD ON YA, NART!!!

9:38 pm  
Blogger CapArnabBrand said...

Holey smokes! Getting your photos published on a magazine is something to be proud of... No payment also nvm.. its the satisfaction that matters...

11:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so darn cool!!!!!ehh.. how many can boast of their pix being in a magazine?!! summore without those canggih canggih equipmt YET..... :p

8:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quickly, quickly..take me pic!!!

D

12:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home