"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

To Do List (as of now)

Week: 12-18 May
- Settle 2008 Income Tax declaration (Jan - May).
- Contact UOB. Find out how to dump EPF Acct2 into Home Loan.

Week: 19-25 May
- Apply for Working (Z) Visa.
- Meet up with insurance agent.

Week: 26 May -1 June
- Collect Work Visa.
- Book air ticket.
- Pay off debts!

Week: 2 - 7 June
- Check Saffron status.
- Take Sunshine for annual vaccination and renew doggy licence.
- Start packing. Consolidate banking accounts.
- Talk to HSBC, find out easiest fund transfer method for China-Malaysia.
- Get a new domain for my blog.

Week: 9 - 14 June
- Change enough Renminbi to live on for 2 weeks, misc. permit fees, and 2 months rent deposit. Gulp.
- Plan for enough contingency money for family (June + July).
- Final packing.
- Pack bike, and put together stuff for shipping and get cost estimate.
- OMG, time to fly! :O


Things I'm planning to buy:

The Crumpler Sinking Barge.
It will carry my laptop, the camera-I-will-buy-when-I-can-finally-afford-it and space for lots of other stuff. Kakakaka. At RM469, it's pretty steep, but it's a very good bag that carries everything and then some, while providing good protection and support . This I will get before I go.


The camera I will buy when I can finally afford it.
The
Canon EOS 450D or the Nikon D40x. Maybe a Christmas present to myself end of this year. Kekeke.

Bike Trainer
Buying over JW's Minoura AC Pro second hand, so I can train on my bike indoors when I can't cycle outdoors. Costs a lot less than a gym membership in Shanghai (ridiculously expensive at about RM500 a month!)

A new pair of 'crocs'.
Went over to my Bata client's office yesterday for a meeting, and fell in love with a pair of Primavera Mock Croc heels. That's right. HEELS. Maroon-ish bronze-ish colour. Pointy-toed. About 2.5 inches high. Looks great with jeans. YOU? WEAR HEELS? Hey, you can stop laughing now. It's going for RM129 though, so I'll really think about it. It's not something I can wear every day and anywhere. Not like my REAL trusty Crocs.


*chants to self*
I am broke. I am broke. I am broke.

Labels: , ,

2 wandered by:

Blogger Lumos Maxima said...

omigosh the mock crocs are GORGEOUS! of course they are more you. nyek nyek nyek

7:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi nutty, haven't dropped by in ages. china huh? so exciting! i have the sinking barge backpack. it's worth every penny :) good luck!

10:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home