"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Friday, May 09, 2008

Alien Dilemma

My HR person in Shanghai told me a few weeks ago that the Working (Z) Visa is valid for 3 months once I get it. At the Chinese Embassy this morning, I was told it would only be valid for 1 month.

The problem: One of the documents sent to me from Shanghai ALSO has a due date. I was told it would expire one month from its issuing date, which makes my deadline to apply for the visa, May 13.

I plan to fly off on June 14. But if I apply for the Visa before May 13, it would mean I have to get into Shanghai BEFORE June 13 before it expires.

I'm waiting for Shanghai to tell me what to do next.
Bloody confusing and frustrating! I went all the way to town this morning for nothing.

Sigh. At least I managed to collect my medical report, so my next trip to the embassy is just one direct LRT trip to Ampang Park from Kelana Jaya. I had to make a detour stop at Masjid Jamek to collect my medical report from Tung Shin hospital today. The walk there from the station was very unpleasant. The smell of old urine on the pavement near the Maybank building made me retch. The bus fumes were horrendous. And some asshole tried to brush up against me but I avoided him just in time. Took a cab to the embassy on Jalan Ampang and then the LRT back to Kelana Jaya.

Post Edit: Just found out it was the HR person who got it wrong! The Work Visa Notice document is valid for 3 months, not 1 month. And the visa is now valid for 1 month, not 3 months. So I can apply for my visa 2 weeks from now. Phew.

Labels:

0 wandered by:

Post a Comment

<< Home