"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Monday, June 18, 2007

Change of plans

There's gonna be a wedding on 1 July in Muar.
Fruit of Eden's cousin RK is getting married. I met her and her fiance TJ when I was in Muar for a short trip last year with Fruitie and YL. They were the most gracious hosts, great company and great foodies to boot! They said Muar weddings are different with interesting dishes like Rojak Chicken! What I'm also looking forward to is the ROAST PIG. Oh yummy!

So I'll be missing the Ipoh Run, but I'm going for the Penang Bridge Run the week before instead. Oh, that's this coming weekend!

Geek has volunteered her apartment, the sweetie, as her housemate will be away on holiday. Yay! But I sked... cos I know the Penang Bridge Run will cause quite a bad traffic jam in the already traffic-jammed island, most of which will be from the non-islanders like myself. Hehehe... and we know how the Geek hates traffic jams! I sked she sko me... ;-) I buy Big Mac for you okay? Since got no Burger King there.

The plan is, depart in the morning, pick up Mr.Geekchic on the way and off to Penang we go. Stuff our faces upon arrival. Check in at 'Casa Le Geeque'. Pick up my running bib number from Queensbay Mall. Stuff face some more. Bwahahaahaha! Sleep early. Then wake up real quiet in the morning (so as not to wake up other Casa Le Geeque inhabitants). Go for the run. Get back to the apartment (hopefully they're awake by then). Bathe. Eat BREAKFAST. Buy Ghee Hiang Tao Sar Piah. Then stuff face yet again before going home. Which reminds me, I have to find my missing Touch 'N' Go card. And my Penang Food guidebook (Star Publications) which I lent to my brother. I hope he still has it!

Other up and coming runs:

8 July - Siemens 10k Run. The usual Dataran Merdeka - Bukit Tunku - Jalan Duta - Jalan Parlimen - Dataran Merdeka route. You can register online too. Looks quite complicated but will check it out later. Beats driving to the OCM building in town to hand in the form and payment.

5 August - Adidas King of The Road. Right at my backyard in Sunway. The route is from Sunway Pyramid to the roundabout near my house, U-turn back to Sunway towards NPE and U turn again at the Old Town PJ junction back to Pyramid. Forms can be found at the Adidas shop and Studio R in Sunway Pyramid.

12 August - PJ Half Marathon. I was planning to go for the 10km run. But I wonder if I should be ambitious and attempt the 21km. Hmmm... I have until end of July to decide. Registration form in The Star paper yesterday.

9 Sept - Mizuna Wave 10km Run. New run. Hope to run under 1 hour for this race.

LY is joining me on some of the races. Yay!
YL? Anyone? How? Wanna join?

Labels: ,

1 wandered by:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~geekchic

I won't sko you la, darling. Pg is not my territory. If it's IPOH, hah, i'd tear my hair out :P

Yup, we'll go to QB to pick up your bib and all.

I'll see if i can get an extra set of keys for you so that when you go off in the morning, you won't wake anyone up :)

4:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home