"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Sunday, June 03, 2007

A Chic-y Meme

Geekchic, just to humour you.

What Five beauty products could you not live without?
- My Dermalogica moisturiser.
- Oh, the toner too.
- Err...
- Uhm...
- Okay, okay, maybe that little hair plucker thingy for stray eyebrow hairs.

What’s the worst beauty mistake you’ve made?
Cutting my once long (all-same-length) hair at the RM10 cheap haircut salon.

Me : Just a trim overall.

Dumbass : Okay (he trims the sides and back, just an inch shorter)
................Miss, trim fringe?
...............(he pulls up my hair at the front half of my head)

Me : Okay (thinking he'll trim it just an inch shorter like the sides and back)

SNIP. SNIP. SNIP.
He massacres my long fringe to reach right above my brows.
I could've snatched his scissors and stabbed it into his eyeball.

I cut everything short at a REAL salon after that. For RM55 :P
I've had short hair since.

I never went back to the RM10 place.
Heard it's RM15 now.

What’s your skincare regime consist of?
Daytime: Cleanse with Dermalogica Essential Cleaning Lotion. Tone with Dermalogica Multi Active Toner. Eyecare with Bioxil Circle Vanish SPF15. Moisturise with Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream, mixed with a drop of Sun Protection Booster. Don't like the idea of putting sunblock on my face. Too many layers. Eeeek.

Nightime: Cleanse with Dermalogica Essential Cleaning Lotion or Neutrogena Cleansing Gel if my face is really oily. Tone with Dermalogica Multi Active Toner. Eyecare with Dermalogica Multivitamin Powerfirm. Moisturise with Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream, mixed with a drop of Hydrating Booster. The small dropper of booster came free with every pack of the moisturiser for trial purposes, but I won't be buying it when I run out. It's too freaking expensive.

Favourite Beauty treat?
A facial. Mostly because of the really good shoulder massage they throw in using their lovely aromatherapy oils. Smells like heaven.

What’s your favourite beauty store?
What constitutes a beauty store?
I don't have a favourite. I go to the Dermalogica salon just to get my facial done and over with. I enjoy it, but after half an hour, I get really restless. As for a place to buy stuff, I'd say Guardian and Watson's. And oh, I like Body Shop alot! Do they count?

Favourite Budget brand?
What qualifies as a budget brand?
Make-up, Maybelline and Revlon are okay for some stuff.
Even then, those are hardly cheap these days.

Favourite Premium brands?
The most expensive brand I own is my Dermalogica skincare range. It is really good to use and works well for me. As for make up, I don't really care cos I rarely use them. But I must say, Averine (part of Dermalogica range) foundation and concealers are pretty good. As for the other fancy brands like Dior and what not, I don't feel they make a difference on me as I'm not a daily user. Hee hee. An eye shadow is an eye shadow. I never wear them long enough for them to fade out on me anyway :D

And what about Skin Care: Favourite Premium and Budget brands?
Premium: Dermalogica. I use a lot of their skincare products.
Budget: Neutrogena. They also happen to be my client at work.

And Hair Care?
I use L'oreal's Elseve brand of shampoo and conditioner... the orange bottle for frizzy hair. Better than the usual stuff I've used like Pantene, but half the price of the fancy stuff like L'oreal's Kerastase.

What’s your ’every girl must own one’ item?
A good moisturiser.

And finally, best beauty tip?
Er... wrong person to ask. Really.
Ask Geekchic! :)

There you go. Not tagging anyone on this.

Labels: ,

7 wandered by:

Blogger ... said...

Haha! Have been reading Geekchic's blog religiously for a couple of years now. When I saw that she 'sorta' tagged you, I was secretly hoping that you'd do it! And you have! Didn't know that you're such a Dermologica nut!

Also, checked out your 'a girl after all' and noticed that you have only two articles listed under it! Haha!

9:07 pm  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Rin: HAHAHAHA! :) There are 3 entries there now. Forgot to add my mani&pedi experience into the girly label.

10:17 am  
Blogger Yue-li said...

THANK YOU FOR NOT TAGGING ME! *phew

12:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

~~~~~~~~~~~geekchic

erin: I'm glad i have a personal stalker. HAHAHAHAHAH :D oh, and don't be a stranger. leave a note lah =)

nut: so nice of you to humour me. damn funny ler you. you and my sister sama basket case wan.

yue-lie: I TAGGED YOU!!! go and do :)

1:10 pm  
Blogger Lumos Maxima said...

YAY got one more person who only knows about 1 brand. *yay

3:33 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

You use sunblock daily??
So loi-yan! Hehe!

9:59 pm  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Yueli: I know you won't do wan la! :)

Geek: Not so bad wat... still a girr right? Err.. riggghhtt?

Lumos: Hahahaha! *secret handshake*

Clare: Oh, you're making me blush!! *giggle giggle*

10:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home