"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Body Fat

There was a fitness fair over the weekend at Sunway Pyramid and I got my body fat measured just for the heck of it. This is the reading according to the 'Body Composition Analyzer'.
BODY TYPE: Standard
GENDER: Female
AGE: 29
HEIGHT: 163 cm
WEIGHT: 60.1 kg
BMI: 22.6
BMR: 1319 kcal (calories I need per day)
IMPEDANCE: 436 omega (dunno what this means)
FAT: 24.9 %
FAT MASS: 15.0 kg
FFM: 45.1 kg (bone and muscle weight)
TBW: 33.0 kg (total body water)

IDEAL FAT %: 17 - 24 % (under 20% for athletes)
IDEAL FAT MASS: 9.2 - 14.2 kg

TARGET BODY FAT %: 23 %
TARGET WEIGHT: 58 kg
TARGET FAT LOSS: 1.5 kg
No measurements were taken. All was measured by a weighing scale-like thing with metal plates for your feet. Makes me wonder how accurate it is.

So I took my measurements and ran it through a body fat calculator online.
Factors: Age, Weight, Gender, Hips, Calf, Thigh, Wrist.
The results: My body fat percentage is only at 20.3%.
EHHH??? That puts me near athletic. Hahaha! What a joke!

This other body fat calculator on another website told me otherwise.
Factors: Weight, Gender, Waist, Hips, Wrist, Forearm.
The results: My body fat percentage is at 32%.
Now according to the charts, that would put me in the obese category.

So how accurate these things are I dunno.
Maybe I should get a proper measurement done at the gym :P

Anyhow, the first reading says I need to lose 1.5kg to be my ideal weight. Sounds simple enough. But... there is a problem.

This is a scenario from breakfast yesterday morning.
D & I went to a mamak (Restoran Daun Pisang Melur Jaya, USJ 17) that makes roti canai fresh only when you order it. It's nice and flaky, unlike most places where rotis are pre-made and rubbery. We had 5 (or was it 6?) rotis and a tosai between us. The mamak dudes were quite amused.

We first shared 3 rotis and the tosai, but it was so good we had to order more. And while digging into our extra rotis....
WN: I think we look like we haven't eaten roti canai in a very long time.
D: Yeah... it's been 15 minutes since our last one.
Jia lat...

Labels: ,

1 wandered by:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

~~~~~~~~~geekchic

measure body fat there wan ah? then i sure damn low body fat cos all my body fats are in my thighs and arse and tummy. BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA :D my calves, wrists, arms, etc all very little fat.

brains got lots of fats oso. sometimes very fuzzy-fuzzy :D

11:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home