"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Saturday, June 02, 2007

CIMB sucks!

Eversince Southern Bank (SBB) merged with CIMB, it has been nothing but a pain in the ass. The type that annoys you more and more each day like an inflammed abscess.

My banking with SBB's Direct Access was problem-free, almost clockwork, before the merger. I call the phone-banking number, give them my IC number, do what I need to do, and all is done.

Post merger, things are a mess. I suddenly get some overdraft charges on my credit card bill. Apparently my current account balance was overdrawn. So they transfered all the payments to my credit card. Fine and dandy, but did the bank call me to inform me so I can transfer some funds back into my current account? NO! And I end up with a colossal finance charge.

I never had this problem before. Once, when my Standard Chartered account was overdrawn, the bank called to inform me right away and I could do what was necessary.

So that was that.

Now, I simply want to make a credit card bill payment.
The phone banking suddenly requires some kind of user ID. The bank did not inform me about this. Not sure if other Direct Access users have the same problem.

Fine, so I can't pay my credit card bill by phone.
I go online to www.cimbclicks.com.my.
And I get this:
The connection has timed out
The server at www.cimbclicks.com.my is taking too long to respond.
* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
WTF!!
I bet they just can't wait to pounce and make me pay a Late Payment Fee and another finance charge if I don't get to pay the bill by tomorrow's due date. Effing bloodsuckers.

If it isn't because my salary goes to this stupid bank, I'd SO withdraw all my money. Incompetent imbeciles!

Post edit:
Managed to get through without a user ID after all. I might have accidentally pressed "1" for English twice and the second time took me to another menu. Got through, but was put on hold for what seemed like eternity. Hmmph. I still think they suck. :P

Labels:

3 wandered by:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

~~~~~~~geekchic

Actually, SBB has been fighting the merger for a long time. But for some unknown reasons, they caved in.

I'll admit that calling up SBB in those days was a breeze. I've had not a single complain on it. THe staff were polite, friendly and they went out of their way to make sure it was painfree for you.

Calling up CIMB now is akin to calling up Fuckmyx. Maybe worse, I don't know, not a pin to choose between them.

But, really, that IS the trend the banks here are moving towards. mergers, takeovers. Soon, we'll end up with one stupid bank serving the entire nation. then, they can do whatever they want.

For example, one tiger bank wanted to work only with legal firms that have a 1/3 majority of bumiputeras.

4:31 pm  
Blogger Yue-li said...

Here's a useful tip:

Plus minus a few days at the end and beginning of every month are the heaviest period for online banking.

That's why you had problems logging in.

2:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CIMB per se didn't suck. They came from the Commerce Bank camp. But when Commerce Bank merged with BBMB to save their sorry asses after the Asia Financial Crisis in 97' then that's were the whole thing went downhill.

BBMB if not wrong was a great bank that suffered a no. of scandals and bailouts in a short 10 year period.

11:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home