"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Thursday, August 17, 2006

We have moved

My art director and I have moved out of our cubicle into one of the rooms in my department. It's not a promotion, just a seating place rearrangement. Thing is, no more windows but more privacy cos it's an enclosed space with a sliding door, so I can sleep or blog in peace to block out noise or distractions.

The room is currently a dusty mess though. Its previous occupant was a hoarder (of junk, books, magazines, photos, toys, random pieces of paper, religious paraphernalia) and miraculously moved everything into an even bigger room (he's also my immediate boss). Of course, there is a thick layer of dust where his figurines used to be. I also see a pair of old shoes under my desk.

And where the hell did all the mozzies come from?

Things to get:
1. A mirror. My door is facing my big boss's room. My workstation is right next to the door, so my monitor is in his direct line of vision if he walks out of his room. No evil spirits to deflect, but I do need to close my MSN Messenger windows in time.

2. A portable vacuum cleaner. Need this to suck up the dust under my desk. My nose is itching. Come to think of it, my arms and legs are itching. My skin is getting more dry and sensitive these days. The vacuum will be handy for my car too - there are bits of Sunshine on my carpet.

3. A bottle of lotion. See above.

4. A pillow for my chair. And so that I can have lunch-time naps in the office.


While I'm here writing a shopping list, I need to get:

5. Spare parts for my broken oven. But I'll need to find the manufacturer's HQ first (I'll fake need a day off!).

6. A good food processor. No offense to the mortar and pestle, but time IS precious.

7. A pair of presentable sandals / heels. I currently wear my leather mary janes to work. I love them. They are comfy. But I can't wear them EVERYWHERE. They'll wear out. And I don't know if I'll find another pair like them again. I bought another pair of red mary janes, but they are not nearly as comfy as the pair I'm wearing now. Hush Puppies shoes. I swear by them. Sigh.

8. More presentable clothes. I dress like a hobo to work most days.

9. LASIK. I plan to zap my eyes back to 20/20 vision. Going for a check up at the eye centre this Saturday to see if my lookers are eligible. My glasses are getting on my nerves and my eyes are too sensitive for contacts. What's the worse that could happen? (ok, don't answer that)

10. A life. I've been watching 3 episodes of Dr. House every night. It's Season 2 and, I'm in love with that cranky, impossible man.

Labels:

4 wandered by:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oo... the food processor is one of the most used things in my kitchen, indispensible... And I know which room you're in now. Nice :)

10:01 pm  
Blogger savante said...

Sounds cool having a room of your own at the office :) Could decorate it anyway you like - even with a revolving crystal disco ball :)

Paul

4:12 pm  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Cyn: Yep! Can't wait to get my hands on one. MORE COOKING! :D

Dr. Paul: Thanks for stopping by! I share the room with my art director, so it's not 100% mine. A disco ball sounds like a cool idea, though. Now where can I get one? Hehe.

1:19 pm  
Blogger Karen said...

rooms are gooooooooood, as you will discover. i miss my room! now, i'm in a miserable 2'x 4.5' cube: and can almost touch my nearest colleagues if i stretch out my (not very long) hands :(

hooray for discovery of oven parts - now go get them will ya?!!

6:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home