"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Friday, August 11, 2006

Of pirates and doctors

I love Dr House.

I love his methodical yet lateral way of thinking, caustic remarks and sarky comebacks.

And thanks to my own personal pirate (who wears pretty pink eye patches and a nicely manicured hook), I now have in my possession, 2 seasons of Dr House.

I saw 3 episodes back to back last night on my laptop.
But not before my Windows Media Player gave some problems and would only play the sound, sans video. I tried opening the file with other software. Cannot also.

A phone call to said pink pirate solved the problem.

"Oh sorry, I forgot to give you the KODAK. I'll email it to you lah, Nut."

"KODAK? Er... okay. Whatever that is."
Thinks to myself, "Kodak now deals with video compatibility software too?"

So she sends me the software. Some dunno-what-VID-dunno-what.
Then I opened my WMP again, and saw this at the bottom of the screen, 'Error downloading codec'.

OH. Codec.
Whatever.

"Geek ah, I open the video file with the CODEC thing ah?"

"No la... just install it. Then open with WMP can oredi."

"OH."

It worked. God bless her (and have mercy on our souls).

Labels: ,

5 wandered by:

Blogger ... said...

"Kodak?" That was my initial reaction to Ed a couple of years ago when a similar thing happened to me.

But now...e-hem, I
have 'graduated'.

When I read your entry, I was thinking, "She didn't install the codec la!"

Pandai-nyer saya. Haha!

11:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

~~~~~geekchic
You're most welcome, babe. Got plenty more from where that come from. Just tell me what you're after. :)

11:54 am  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Rin: Hahahah! See, you more crever than me. I was like "what's thaaaat", so jakun!

Geek: Thanks babe! You da True Geek!

12:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tried commenting on the foodie blog but it doesn't allow non-bloggers to so comment lands here...
The Assam Dory is good. Tried the recipe sans the daun Kesom and salt in the initial marinade. Super yums with hot white rice

2:58 pm  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Cyn: Sorry! Didn't know it was set like that. I've changed the settings in the foodie blog. Now anyone can cook, eat and comment :D Glad you like the assam pedas :D

3:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home