"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Excited about nothing

This is silly.
Getting my hopes up.
Dreaming and hoping.
Thinking about what I would tell my boss if I do get it.

Not that I'm confident at all, but I'm slightly relieved that after the slump I was in over the past few weeks, I still have an ounce of optimism and enthusiasm left in my being. That said, I'm not exactly out of the dumps, but I'm choosing to look up and ahead.

Discovery Travel & Living had a call for audition recently for a programme called 5 Takes. They are looking for 5 new TJs (Travel Journalists) for the new season. The five will get to travel to a few destinations over 12 weeks with a TV crew in tow and they'll have to BLOG about their experience along the way. It's also quite an interactive programme because the audience can log in to the website and communicate with the TJs as they travel.

How fun is that?
12 weeks away from everything!

What did I have to do to apply?
I submitted a sample blog (which was easy, I copy-pasted certain segments of my own blog and edited them a little). And a short 2-min self-promo video with my digital camera. It was weird, kinda like talking to myself about myself. Eeek.

But yes.
Anything to get out of here, as desperate as it sounds.

Ok. Enough. Stop thinking about it.
If they're interested, they'll call within the next few weeks for a close-door audition. So I should just forget about it and not expect anything.

I'm just thankful this was not half as stressful as the Globetrekker audition I went for 2 years ago. Now THAT was nerve-wrecking.

For now, life goes on.

Labels:

11 wandered by:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

~~~~~~~geekchic
Excited about somethinglah! We'll be rooting for ya, babe!

1:13 pm  
Blogger adriene said...

all the best wandernut. it's the perfect job for you, i think. i'll be rooting for you! :D

3:54 pm  
Blogger ... said...

Woo hoo! Sounds like the absolute-est, most perfect-est and most right-est job on the planet for you! Travelling AND writing! If only it were 'travelling, writing AND baking!' Hehe.

All the best! Muahhhh!

-Rin

7:57 pm  
Blogger Mint Chutney said...

It's SO you! Where do we send our votes?!?!?!

8:54 pm  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Geek: Thanks babe, but there's no need to root for me. It's not a public contest and no one gets voted out. The 5 TJs will be selected on a close-door audition basis.

Adriene: Thanks beb..

Rin: YEAH! Travel to eat and bake and cook would be PERFECTO!!! Thanks Rinrin!

Mint: Like I said, no one gets voted out.. and there's no prize. It's just a matter of being selected for the programme and travel for 3 months for free... hahaha :) Thanks though! If only you guys WORKED in Discovery channel :D

1:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck!! I hope you get it!!
XXKuin

11:16 am  
Blogger Karen said...

so excitiiiiiiing!!! i saw the ad and wondered if you'd applied...

all the best, good luck with the auditions!!

11:27 am  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Kuin: Thanks dear! Trying not to get my hopes up. Cos if I'm not shortlisted, I won't be hearing from them at all.

Snowie: Keeping my fingers, toes and eyes crossed!

11:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOT WOOT! Knock 'em dead babe!

12:22 pm  
Blogger Spot said...

AFUNDI Wandernut!

I'll cross my udders for you.

OUCH.

3:40 pm  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Cyn: WOOT WOOT! :D

Spot: Ouch! Thanks! Now try not to spill any milk! Haha! :)

5:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home