"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

It was 6.00am

And I managed wake up after the first alarm.
I had to go against every single fibre of my body to drag my carcass out of my bed. I'm so glad I did.

It's been goodness-knows how long since the last time I got up this early for the gym. And I didn't even go to the one near my house in Subang. Made a date with YL to meet her at the one in The Curve. We spent about an hour there before having breakfast at O'Briens.

I didn't do alot this morning. Just a brisk 10-minute run at an easy pace, followed by a 5-minute brisk walk, then to the bike for another five. I didn't want to over do it after being such a lardball. So I lifted some light weights upstairs for a little while before calling it quits and took a leisurely shower.

It felt good.

YL was so sweet and treated me to breakfast as a reward for waking up. Yay! She knows how many times I've told her I'd join her in the morning only to text her "I couldn't wake up laa".

We shared a mozzarella wrap and had a cup of coffee each. Oh, the wrap was good! Pesto sauce (I loovvvvee...), mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes and lots of crunchy leafy greens in a tortilla! How's that for healthy! Of course I absent-mindedly finished the side serving of potato chips, AFTER lamenting to YL about them being so unhealthy. Hmmm... I'm hopeless.

We're targeting an easy 5km race sometime in September or October at the Terry Fox charity run. The days when we could breeze through a 10km race feels like a lifetime ago. I hope I can beef up my stamina before the Terry Fox. It'd be embarassing to pass out before I pass the 1km mark.

Running, oh, how I miss you.

Sigh. Back to work. Zzzz.

Labels: , ,

5 wandered by:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

~~~~~~~~~geekchic
Good on ya, babe! No one is a bigger tub of lard than me. *munches on choc chip cookies* I park my arse in front of computers all day long. *takes a gulp of coffee, reaches for more cookies* Burp. :)

10:52 am  
Blogger Karen said...

Geek's wrong - there's a bigger tub of (pork!) lard right here!!!

6am?? that's more than 2 hours before my wake up time! *kagums* hope it made you feel better :)

11:58 am  
Blogger Spot said...

exercise at 6 am.

double kryptonite!!

Hey, did you check your hotmail? Long replies from us.

4:20 pm  
Blogger Mint Chutney said...

Good for you getting back in the swing of things. And as for the previous post, I'm jealous that you and Box met Spot and Snowie. I wanna hang out too lah.

I can't wait for your visit Ms W! I wish you could take a vacation now, even if it were only a week.

Hang in there babe!

12:00 pm  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Geek: It's okay beb. More for Jen to love.

Snowie: It was good! Tried doing the same thing on Thursday but didn't work. Went at noon on Sunday instead. Shall try this morning run again soon! :P

Spot: Yup! And I've replied to you both :)

Minty: *sings the Route 66 song*

1:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home