"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Friday, July 14, 2006

A tick becomes a tock becomes a tick

Greetings from the dumps.
No postcards to be sent from here. Don't think anyone would want one from this place anyway. At some point or another, you might have been here before, and it wasn't very pretty, was it?

Still waiting for the next train out.
Or one of those rescue helicopters with a rope ladder I can climb up on. But knowing my bad arsed luck, I'd probably get tangled up on the way and inadvertently hang myself 50 feet in the air.

Hmmm.

In the meantime, I'm doing my darndest to leave my little dumpsite, if only a few hours at a time. The dog. Meeting up with friends. Lame attempts to run. And word has it that it's gonna get real busy at work soon cos we'll be on pitch* mode for the next 3 weeks. Busy is good. It'll keep me occupied and I can just go on autopilot.
*new business acquisition

On a lighter note, I finally got to meet Spot and Snowie. It was an entertaining evening over dinner and coffee yesterday. And they are as lovely in the flesh as they are in blogosphere.

I've made some great friends here since I started blogging. And for that, I'm so glad to have found my own little space and to have met some very interesting, nice people. I'm thinking of visiting Mint Chutney in Chicago next year (or some day, eventually). We were just talking about how fun it'd be to take a road trip down Route 66 ala Thelma & Louise the other day. At the same time, LY and I are also thinking of visiting Italy next year for our annual-trip-somewhere, with her sister and brother-in-law. I don't know how I'm going to work out both places, but we'll see how it goes.

My oven's still down. Desperately looking around to see if spare parts could be found for my almost 20 year-old oven. Blueberry muffins, chocolate espresso cake and cinnamon cookies are waiting to be made. I NEED TO BAKE!

What else... I'm planning a birthday BBQ with YL for a dear friend and ex-boss, SW. It's gonna be all seafood - fish parcels in different marinades, grilled prawns, stuffed squid, portabello mushrooms, and so on. Mmmmm yumm yumm. Fun fun.

And next month, is KC's wedding. I'm emceeing and my acapella group is singing. We've started rehearsals for awhile now, and it's moving along just fine.

So I'm sur-vi-ving. And still waiting for the fog to clear.
My heart still feels like lead though.

How do I switch to unleaded?

Labels:

2 wandered by:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

~~~~~~~~~~~geekchic
Darling, you're doing a good job at getting out of the dumps. Having the train to take you out of this dump is not enough. It needs the initiative and strength that you are already showing now. Chin up, babe. You're almost there. And, we're with you all the way. *hugs*

10:24 pm  
Blogger Spot said...

Dear Ms. Wandernut,

You have a postcard bursting with dumps-busters waiting at tompok.blogspot.

This message was brought to you by the interblog postcard service.

4:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home