"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Monday, July 03, 2006

Bank of Wandernut

When I go shopping, every price tag comes with a threshold of pain. Above my threshold, and I walk away from the desired object with a heavy heart.

My recent acquisitions illustrate how the Bank of Wandernut works.

What I really wanted: A glossy white iBook, above RM5000.
What I got: A Dell laptop, around RM3000.
Post-purchase justification: I'm not very good with the Mac. And both my brother and I grew up on the PC. And oh, Dell comes with a one year 0% installment plan. Look! They do delivery too!
Saved: About RM2000

What I really wanted: A Crumpler laptop backpack, RM495.
What I got: A generic laptop backpack, RM120 (after 20% discount!) from Tearproof, just next to Crumpler in KLCC.
Post-purchase justification: RM495 was way above my threshold of pain (about RM350). The design of the bag I bought was almost similiar, apart from an undetachable laptop section. And of course, it's NOT a funky, colourful Crumpler. Sigh.
Saved: RM375

So I walked around yesterday, ho-hummed at the still-very-expensive-even-after-a-sale-discount items at KLCC and homed in on this cute little red handbag.

Now, I'm not a handbag person. But this one's made of real leather, a bright happy cheyenne red, and comes with three little pockets in a row on its rectangular body. I was in love.

The clincher: 50% off.
So I paid only RM150 for it.

Post-purchase justification: I saved RM375 from NOT buying the Crumpler. So what's RM150 on the little red handbag? What do you mean I have to justify it! I WANT TO SEE YOUR MANAGER!

Labels:

2 wandered by:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

~~~~~~~~~geekchic
We should do more of this virtual shopping. I still want pics! :P

11:11 am  
Blogger Lawrence said...

you don't need a crumpler..u want to hide your laptop in an normal backpack..don't attract unnecessary attention.

9:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home