"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Monday, August 28, 2006

Another down. SIX more to go.

KC's wedding was pretty fun.
Most of our colleagues and ex colleagues were there. And it was nice to see the ensemble gang again. My acapella group's performance went pretty okay too (for most part), so that's a relief.

An important client presentation was over and done with this morning too, so that's another weight off my shoulders. Feel more relaxed (I want a margarita / beer / mojito RIGHT NOW!). But as always, it's just the eye of the storm.

Meanwhile, I better make full use of the calm. Haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks. Stood YL up twice last week (sorry). I wonder if I'll get myself up to speed in time for the Terry Fox Run on Sept 17. It's only 5km. Baby steps to test my stamina in case I die of cardiac arrest. Sigh. And I want to bake this weekend. Maybe cookies. Cinnamon cookies! Nyum nyum.

It's LASIK zap-zap day on Wednesday!
GULP! Pray that everything will go smoothly and I won't be part of the 'post-LASIK complications' statistics (10-12%). The majority walk out and heal without any problems. Keeping everything crossed (except my eyes).

Sorry LY, can't join you for Mambo Jumbo on Merdeka eve. I can't drive on the night of my surgery, and I need to be in a smoke-free environment for a week (and no late nights too!)

Meanwhile, a totally unrelated observation.
Some local companies have absolutely no imagination.
Check this out.



The logo on the left is for a cold cargo company. Saw the lorry driving past the other day and it got me for a split second. I thought it was a CNN news truck until I did a double take.

I hope it doesn't ferry frozen dead bodies.
Cold news, anyone?

Labels:

3 wandered by:

Blogger Neer said...

hee hee! i look at the post and i dont evem have to look at the profile to know... that is this ones from "the planet"... aquarius! :)

cool stuff, wundernut!

10:03 pm  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Neers: Welcome! Wow, how did you guess! I AM Aquarius! Tell me, tell me. What gave me away?

12:28 am  
Blogger Karen said...

oh wow, good luck with the lasik!!
will cross trotters for you, ok!

3:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home