"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Monday, September 19, 2005

What's Swedish for sweat?

Sometime ago, my 3 year-old Billy bookcase (from Ikea) collapsed under the weight of my books. So after a year of tripping over them on my bedroom floor, I finally got a new one (from Ikea, again).

Ok, so I'm a sucker for Swedish flat-packed furniture.
But this time, I went for a tall and sturdy Argenum, with four shelves in nice glossy white.

It wasn't cheap (about 3 times the price of a Billy). But it can fit alot more books. And most likely to last longer than 3 years (that's how long my Billy lasted).

D helped me stuff the 6ft-long box (flat-packed my ass), into my car. And gosh, it wasn't easy. We looked like idiots for a good 15 minutes, trying to get it in just to save RM65 on delivery (ok, that didn't come out quite right).

Finally, we got it home and took a couple of hours to assemble it.
My room smells of pine now.
Sweet.

---------

Recently bought Tim Burton's The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy and Other Stories.

Hard cover in black.
Sick stories. Even sicker illustrations. I like.

---------

Been running again on Saturday mornings.
Long runs.
It's alot easier when you're motivated (thanks, Box).

---------

I am so addicted to Sudoku. Aaarrgh.
Gotta stop. Gotta stop.

---------

It's Monday again.
Where did last week go?

Labels:

3 wandered by:

Blogger ... said...

Don't like numbers. Don't like Sudoku.

You're wondering where the week went? I'm hoping it'll go by sooner. Argh!

11:57 pm  
Blogger Mint Chutney said...

Oh the Argenum is wonderful. I love Ikea but the box NEVER fits in the car and the assembly directions are always just a wee bit off.

I'm looking forward to the Corpse Bride

I need motivation again...send Box my way.

I just got into Sudoku. My friend who got me into it plays for hours at a time.

Woo Hoo...it's Tuesday! (Wednesday by the time YOU read this).

12:07 am  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Erin: Take it easy dear girl.

Minty: Yeah! Can't wait!! And I'm wondering why Tim Burton casts Helena Bonham Carter in almost every movie. Are they still married? As for Box, can't speak for him, but I reckon he would want to visit Chicago if he could! Haha!

Wednesday. Thursday. Friday. Saturday. Sunday. Monday. Tuesday. Aaarrgh... repeat.

11:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home