"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Monday, August 22, 2005

Me and My Chocolate Sunday

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is my favourite Roald Dahl story. Put it into Tim Burton's hands, and you get a wonderful movie.



Every scene is so beautiful to look at.
Johnny Depp looks like a girl.
And the Oompa-Loompas are hilarious.

I won't compare it to the movie made many years ago, because each has its own merits. But I enjoyed this version tremendously. Maybe it's because I love all things Tim Burton (ooooh, BIG FISH! I loved BIG FISH! And Nightmare Before Christmas!)

Inspired by the movie, I went home to bake a Flourless Chocolate Cake. The cake turned out yummy and I made extra creamy chocolate frosting to go with it.



I licked up all the raw batter in the mixing bowl after the cake went into the oven and my tummy went a-rumbling in a big way.

I guess raw eggs (albeit masked in chocolate) don't agree with me.

Labels: ,

1 wandered by:

Blogger Mint Chutney said...

But not licking the batter would defy the laws of nature.

1:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home