"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

What's becoming of the world?

My little old neighbour, Miss Day got robbed 2 days ago.

She got home from the bank feeling thirsty and went into her kitchen for a drink. And she forgot to close her front door.

By the time she went back to her living room, her handbag, and just withdrawn cash, were gone.

She's an easy target, living by herself most of the time.
But what kind of bastard would rob from an old lady?

Thank God she was unharmed, albeit in a bit of shock.
But according to her, all she needs to calm down is some cold ginger beer.

Trust her to be above things like this.

Labels:

3 wandered by:

Blogger Mint Chutney said...

I've only been robbed once. I left my backpack in the cubbie of the uni book store. 5 minutes later when I realized that my wallet was in there, the whole backpack was already gone. This was right during the time I was applying for US citizenship so my green card was in there along my ID, credit cards and a love letter from my then boyfriend. I have never felt so violated in my life.

I'm so glad Miss Day wasn't hurt and is handling it well. One day karma will catch up with the bastard that did this.

4:25 am  
Blogger Spot said...

poor ms. day. i guess when you get to be her age, the most important thing is your physical security.

thank goodness she has you to look in on her from time to time.

12:41 pm  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Mint : Oh my! That's shite! Must have been quite a bureaucractic nightmare for you to apply for everything again! Yeah, good thing she wasn't hurt. Scary part was it happened around noon. And nobody saw anything cos they were either at work or in their own homes.

Spot: Unfortunately, I don't look in on her often enough. And her only other relatives in this country are her 2 nephews who are hardly around. The spunky lady has said many times, she can't wait to 'go' and be with the Lord. If and when the time comes, I hope she won't be alone. She's much too nice for that.

1:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home