"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Thursday, September 15, 2005

How now, brown sow?

Rice drowned in fish curry with ladies fingers and tomatoes, curried mutton, pureed spinach and a slice of papaya at an Indian rice stall near my office.

Then a ten-minute nap on my desk which left a spot of drool on my doodle pad.

After which I got a pounding headache.
The type that's almost like a hangover minus the furry tongue.

So I made some coffee in the pantry, hoping it would remove the lead in my brain. It didn't.

But I saw some curry puffs (or samosas) sitting on a plate, left over from a meeting earlier today. Nuked 2 pieces in the microwave for 30 seconds and devoured them both in about the same time, hot and flaky as they were.

Barely an hour passed before some noise in the audio-visual department got everyone running to the office's ampitheatre. It was a surprise birthday party for one of our producers. Everyone ate cake (Box had 3 slices, it was that good), spring rolls, sweet pastries and stuff. So yeah, more nibbles.

I am a pig.
*snort* It's time to slee...

Labels:

2 wandered by:

Blogger Rat said...

I read doodle pad as Drool Pad and I was like woah thats hi-tech !!!

I had a similar day. Went for a big Onam (Festival of harvest)lunch and I feel like a beached whale.

5:35 pm  
Blogger Mint Chutney said...

I SO want to work in your office.

Now that I work all by my lonesome out of my house I no longer get the thrill of random birthday celebrations or left-over meeting goodies.

Do you have a well-stocked supply closet? I'm out of copy paper.

8:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home