"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Friday, September 02, 2005

Happy Belly Meme

Recently, Spot posted about 'Happybellied Dreams', in which for one day, you can eat ANYTHING you want, AS MUCH as you want. This, WITHOUT getting fat, bloated, jelak or sick after, assuming you are a bottomless pit.

Being deliciously hypothetical, it makes a fun meme, don't you think?

Here is my Happy Belly menu, if only I have space in my being for them all :

Starters:
Wild Mushroom Soup
Pumpkin Soup
Beetroot Soup
French Onion Soup
Clam Chowder
Freshly Baked Crusty Bread with Butter, Balsamic Vinegar and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
*I love soup so much I can live on soup and bread served like this, every day.
Cheese Board with Crackers, Dried Fruit and Nuts, with a good red
Buffalo Mozzarella, Tomato and Basil Salad with Pesto Dressing
Assorted Sashimi, washed down with Sake
Oysters, Raw with Lemon, or Baked with Cheese & Spinach
Crispy Bacon, LOTS of Crispy Bacon
Smoked Salmon Caesar Salad

Mains:
Prime Rib, medium rare with a dollop of mustard, horseradish and gravy
Lamb Chops with Mint Sauce, whaddaheck, a Mixed Grill
Roast Leg of Lamb with Rosemary
Pork Sausages and Sauerkraut
Mash Potatoes, with bits of skin, ala Uncle Chili's
Grilled Cod with Cumin Crust
Grilled Portabello Mushrooms
Sauteed Button Mushrooms in Butter on Toast
Beef Pie with Puff Pastry
Aglio Olio Pasta
Angel Hair Pasta with Seafood in White Wine
Penang Asam Laksa, Curry Laksa and Char Koay Teow (extra chilli and cockles)
Banana Leaf Rice with Deep Fried Chicken and King Prawns, served with lotsa different chutneys (I like Mint ;> and Mango)
Chili Chicken, Butter Chicken, Palak Paneer with Naan
Sweet and Sour Crabs with dipping bread
Salt Pepper Squid and Mantis Prawn
Sarng Har Meen (King Prawn Noodles)
Peking Duck (Crispy Skin with Pancakes, Meat with Fried Noodles, Bones in Salted Vegetable and Tofu Soup)
Dark Sweet Char Siew (Caramel Roast Pork)
Siew Yook with Crispy Skin (Roast Pork, Chinese Style)
Nam Yue Pai Guat (Deep Fried Fermented Beancurd 5-Spice Ribs)
Bak Kut Teh with Char Koay (Herbal Pork Stew with Fried Dough)

Dessert:
Chocolate Volcano
Pumpkin Pie
Indonesian Spiced Layer Cake
Cream Caramel
My Aunt's Pineapple Tarts
Tong Kee's Egg Tarts
Fresh Berries with Fresh Cream (Strawberries, Blackberries & Blueberries)
Fresh Mangoes with a warm cup of Cardamom-flavoured Tea
Fresh Red Dragon Fruit
Passion Fruit Ice
Poached Pears in Port
Old Fashioned Apple Crumble with Custard
Old Fashioned Bread and Butter Pudding
Gingerbread with Spiced Hot Chocolate
Haagen Daaz's Swiss Vanilla Ice Cream
Pistachio Gelato
Ice Kacang (Shaved Ice with Syrup, Red Beans, Nuts and other condiments)

I AM so greedy.

Now. Your turn. :)
Just list down all the things YOU would like to eat in this fantasy-day of face stuffing.

Labels:

8 wandered by:

Blogger Karen said...

mah gawd, i'm putting on weight just LOOKING at this!

3:50 pm  
Blogger Rat said...

Oh my god, My mouth waters reading this.... Im afraid my happy belly menu would go into pages.

3:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's ALL? Really? =)

4:59 pm  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Snowie: I did try to exercise some self-control. But everytime I attempt to trim the list, something else I'd love to fantasy-binge on pops into my head.

Rat: Good thing I got REALLY hungry half way through and had to run to a mini-mart downstairs for a snicker bar. Or else mine would go into pages too.

Shryh: Hello! Thanks for dropping by :) And that's not all really... Like I told Rat, I got distracted ;) Tee hee!

10:12 am  
Blogger AJ said...

I like your desert list.... Mine would go on and on forever.

11:08 am  
Blogger Spot said...

oh my lardy lord.

these are a few of your favourite things?? hehehe.

so hungry now...wish had something from your mains list right now. for breakfast!

11:30 am  
Blogger Mint Chutney said...

Where to begin...

First off we try to make fresh bread (from scratch) and soup every Sunday in the Fall/Winter. Will take pictures to share...

"King Prawns, served with lotsa different chutneys (I like Mint..)"

Awwww! I'm sure you were talking about actual Mint Chutney but I smiled anyway.

"Penang Asam Laksa, Curry Laksa and Char Koay Teow (extra chilli and cockles)"

Yes!!! with extra chilli

I almost went into a diabetic coma reading your dessert list.

I've decided I definitely have to party with you. So much food, so little time.

9:23 am  
Blogger Wandernut said...

androjane: Welcome! :) Desserts can always go on and on. It should be a food group on its own!

spot: Tell me about it! Sigh. All I had were 4 slices of buttered toast and coffee in the office. Wherefore art thou bacon?

minty: :) I was thinking of you when I thought of the chutneys I like! Yep, so much food, so little time and only one stomach. Cows only eat grass and they get four. Grossly unfair!

10:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home