"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A.trophy for me

At the rate my muscles are wasting away, I can forget about taking part in any races anytime soon, anytime ever.

When I attempt to run at the gym of late, I can barely do 10 minutes before I feel faint. This is for someone who used to run at least half an hour on fast speed. On an incline.

The thought of running in a long distance race again gives me cramps.
I can almost feel the burn in my legs.
The sweat on my lip.
And I go, hell NO!

I've never felt so physically weak in years.
I don't know where my energy has gone.
Everything I do seems to require alot more effort.

My mitochondria are probably on strike.
Maybe it's iron deficiency. Or just a phase of blehh-ness.
Maybe I need a good long holiday. A looooong holiday away from everything and everyone. That could be it.

I only look forward to mornings if there are bacon and eggs or pancakes and maple syrup for breakfast. Which don't happen often, if at all (the point is, I don't look forward to most mornings).

Gone are the days when 6-7 hours of sleep would suffice.
These days, 8 hours can barely brush the bushy tail on this bleary-eyed squirrel. And no I'm not on anything.

I need a change (got myself a haircut and streaked it red, like that helped. Hah!).

I need to get myself out of this self-dug trench.

I need to run.
Yeah. Away.

Labels:

2 wandered by:

Blogger Mint Chutney said...

My mother's theory for every problem or issue in life is vitamin deficiency.

At the very least you need to give yourself credit for even being back at the gym. Baby steps Weina.

I'm so called "in training" and I still have doubts I can do it. This morning I hit an all time low when I went running and headed straight to Starbucks where I sat on my ass and read the paper while enjoying a caramel latte and bagel. I walked most of the way back home.

P.S. That's so funny you mention the hair because the day after my sister's wedding next month I was planning on getting my hair streaked red!

12:33 am  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Box: Because you didn't want an answer
*keeps mum*

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mint: The bagels in Malaysia's Starbucks are cold and dry. But I absolutely adore their apple crumble. At one time I had it almost every day.

And hey, red's a good colour on Asian skin. Doooo it. Doooo it.

10:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home