"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Monday, August 08, 2005

Discipline, where art thou?

Last week alone, I had a Chili's meal too many, several birthday dinners, 2 large GSC caramel popcorn sets and pancakes at Paddington's (thanks for the recommendation, guys, it was yummerlicious!).

TODAY marks the end of glut-driven decadence and sloth-like laziness.

Indiscriminate face-stuffing, wait, gorging, be gone.

Too-tired-too-sleepy-too-sick-too-hazy-too-hot-and-other excuses for not going to the gym, be gone.

Woke up this morning for a run.
The first time in weeks.
Many, many weeks.

Didn't manage to do alot, but the fact that I got my arse out of bed is a good start.

---
Finally got my Canon Powershot S2 IS.
It's a beauty. Hoping to test out its funky functions soon. Yippeee!

Maybe I'll get a lomo one day. As soon as I stop feeling guilty about my latest purchase.

The pain! The pain! The p... oooo, it has a 0cm Super Macro function...

---
Had half a bottle of good red wine sitting in the fridge for weeks. So I decided to make a beef bourguignonne (beef stew in red wine) on Saturday evening.

After I got home with the ingredients, I realised my stash of flour had gone mouldy. Darn! Needed it to coat the meat before I brown it. So I substituted it with corn flour (also known as corn starch).

BIG MISTAKE.

The stew turned all starchy-gooey.
Eeek.

Lesson learned: Don't mess with tried and true recipes.

Labels:

3 wandered by:

Blogger ... said...

Cornflour? What were you thinking! *laugh uncontrollably!*

2:48 pm  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Sigh, yes.
So bodoh.
So malu.
Hahahahaha.

5:08 pm  
Blogger Mint Chutney said...

A. *does her best Homer Simpson impression* "Pancakes"....drool

B. Yeah! More pictures!

C. Mixing corn flour and regular flour is a common mistake. I once coated one side of some cutlets with powder sugar before I noticed.

12:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home