"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Jolie good.

Angelina Jolie.
I don't know what's the latest on her and Brad Pitt. Rumour has it that she's been in the arms of a watzisname ex-lover.

What I do know is, bee-stung lips aside,
she has a big, er, heart.

Sometimes I wish the magazines (not that I'm an avid reader of Hollywood goss, ahem) would write about other things apart from the she-and-brad-were-so-loud-the-next-hotel-room-thought-some-burglars-broke-in genre.

Why can't they tell us more about the nice stuff.
Like what she does in between movies (and ok, men).

First, she adopts Maddox, a little Cambodian boy, while filming Tomb Raider. Then she spent many days in the country, making sure other poor Cambodian children received the help they needed.

Now she's supporting another cause.

Here is her journal, written during and after a UHNCR visit to Sri Lanka. Where families and children are still reeling from decades of civil war and the recent tsunami.

It is quite a moving account.
And you get to see her as a person. Not just the sex-bomb of an actress, whose pout is enough to make men (and women) go weak.

True. She has time and resources on her side. But I believe in our own little way, we can do our bit. And right at our doorstep too.

Labels:

5 wandered by:

Blogger Mint Chutney said...

She adopted a second child recently but all the tabloids reported was that Brad Pitt caught meningitis because of her.

P.S. Are you running the KL marathon in March?

5:10 am  
Blogger Spot said...

i found her UNHCR journals some time agao and felt much better about my obsession with her! :)

have been trying to find her book, which is a collection of said journals.

10:50 am  
Blogger The Box said...

People who like to run, and who are interested in Angelina Jolie. I'm in good company I see.

11:00 am  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Mint: If I can get my lazy butt to start running again, I might! I've only ever attempted the 10km/15km races. I still wonder if full marathon runners are even human.

If you're coming to KL in March for the marathon, that'd be good reason (and time) for me to train for it :D

Spot: She has a BOOK?! Are there pictures? *drools slobber glob glob*

Uh, I mean, why, that's uhm, very good.

Box: Yes, indeed you are... and hey, if Minty does come to KL in March, you're running with US! Tee hee hee. We have 7 months to train (or we could wuss out and run the 10km, then be her cheerleaders near the finishing line. Poms poms optional.).

12:26 pm  
Blogger Mint Chutney said...

LOL. If I come then pom poms will be mandatory for both of you!

12:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home