"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Exhausted and loving it

Saturday
Swim class at 8am in the Sunway Monash Condo. Wah! Olympic size pool wor, don't play play. There weren't enough people in the 8am beginner's class today, so the coach asked me to swim laps with the competitive swimming kids first while waiting for the next class at 9am. So I did, and swam a slow freestyle, putting into practice tips I read from swimming websites - thumb to thigh to ensure a complete pull, and rotate hips with each stroke.


I could keep to this form if I was swimming slow. But the moment I tried to go fast, I was splashing about like a drowning dugong. When the coach got all the kids to do a 50m sprint, I was put into a group with an 8-year old and a 7-year old. They could swim faster than me. 'Nuff said. When my class started after that, we did some kicking and a few laps of butterfly with our arms behind our backs. Felt good.

Then it was home for a quick shower to wash off the chlorine, before I met up with LY at the gym. Ran for half an hour with medium and high intensity intervals (wanted to do an hour but was feeling really buggered) . Rushed home, showered, changed, loaded the keyboard and band stuff into the car, and off to a gig in Shah Alam.

It was a good gig. I wanted to refrain from alcohol that night and declined so many cold beers (very good girl, okay) before succumbing to a glass of wine at the end of it. Haiyaaa... sure suffer the next day. Got home about 1am, unloaded my music gear from the car, packed in my bike and stuff I'd need for the ride, and went to bed. Phew.

Sunday
Woke up and raring to go after about 4-5 hours sleep, only to find out my sunnies were missing. I couldn't recall wearing them since my last ride 3 weeks ago and I was very sure I brought them home. Spent a good 20 minutes searching high and low for them, and then decided to eff it. Left the house for Ulu Langat, running late. Found RK and his friend KT, begged for forgiveness and off we went.

First red traffic light, I unclipped my left shoe with the intention of stopping and landing on my left foot. But I was off balance and toppled over to my right. Ooops. Good thing nothing broken or sprained. Just a couple of scratches on my BRAND NEW CLIP SHOES. Sigh. Thank God cars already stopped at that point. Hehe. The shoes and pedals made a lot of difference though. I could spin more instead of just hammering down on the pedals, and every time I lifted my legs, I'd be pulling the pedals too.

Today we did the K. Kelawar route, instead of the one that went round the dam. It was a very steep uphill climb all the way (super killer), but very scenic as well. I was very sure I saw a crab by the side of the road. Well, I was getting quite hungry that time, hehe.

Many times I was tempted to get off the bike and push, but persevered, wondering why I put myself through this. But finally, I got to the top where I stopped to drink, eat my Powergel (Green Apple was very nice, not like the Tangerine shit), and we turned back the same way we came, flying downhill all the way. So wonderful. If only I had my sunnies to block the glaring sun, wind and particles in the air. Wonder where I left it. Arrrrggggghhh!!

Now I'm home, and wondering if I should go for a run tomorrow morning. Yawn. Oh so sleepy. Maybe...

Labels: , ,

3 wandered by:

Blogger Lumos Maxima said...

"...splashing about like a drowning dugong."

HAHAHAHAHA!

how does a drowning dugong look like wor?

12:45 pm  
Blogger Mowpea said...

eh you just learning how to swim?
Good on u though!
On your way to diving then?

6:54 pm  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Lumos: Clumsy kua? Hahaha

Mowpea: I know how to swim, but not well. My strokes are cacat.

6:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home