"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Sunday, October 14, 2007

First bike ride!

Took my bike on its first real ride today.
Met up with LS and MS at Putrajaya near the Prime Minister's office and took off. It was a slow easy ride, with a few hills. Nice weather this morning too. Breezy and cool with a sunny sky.

My middle gears are kinda wonky.
Gotta have that looked into at the shop soon.
Things to get next: my own helmet, lights for night riding, the pedo-speedometer-cadence thingy and a jersey.

I really enjoyed the ride. Especially when I was going downhill with the wind in my face at high speed. Quite a thrill. And Putrajaya is actually a very pretty place. Lots of trees, lakes, bridges and wide, bike-friendly roads to ride in.

Now if only it wasn't a 40-minute drive from home.
And a bak kut teh place in there somewhere would be nice too. Hahahahaha! Fat chance!

Labels:

0 wandered by:

Post a Comment

<< Home