"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Friday, November 16, 2007

This hobby is getting expensive...

Just bought clip pedals (Shimano 105) for my bike and clip shoes (Sidi Zeta) to go with it. The pedals cost RM150 and the shoes, RM350. Good thing RK was with me at the shop cos the guys at Bikepro were pushing the more expensive stuff - pedals that cost RM380 and shoes that cost RM450. They must be hard of hearing cos I told them many times that I didn't have a lot of money to blow. Geez.

Some diligent hunting on the shelves found me my shoes (they said my size was out of stock for this cheaper model, yea right). And luckily the shop owner himself reminded his staff that the latest shipment of Shimano pedals just came in. To think the stuff I'm buying are actually of the lower mid-range stuff. Gosh!

So today I got my messy gears tuned up. The pedals fixed in. And I also bought a pair of cycling gloves, in red and black, Matching matching my bike, tights and shoes la, of course. Gave up the idea of using my gym gloves cos they are really tight and hot. The Scott Essential gloves are breathable and easier to slap on.

Here's the lowdown on what I've spent so far:
Scott Speedster S30 3300
Pouch for spare tube 45
Cycling tights 75
Helmet 180
Bike stand 30
Extra drink bottle & cage 10
Clip pedals 150
Clip shoes 350
Cycling gloves 60

Total now stands at RM4200 *gulp*
Guess the pedometer-cadence thingy will have to wait. Not to mention the sports sunnies. Make do with my normal sunnies la. If only they'll stop sliding down my face. Sigh.

It's easy to see how my hardcore cyclist friends can spend over RM10k on their bikes and then some, upgrading as they go along. Gosh, some bike frames alone cost more than RM5k! *shudders*

Thank God my gigs help pay for my endorphin habit, though I doubt I could ever spend that kind of money on a bicycle. Goodness!

Gonna spend tomorrow practising the clipping and unclipping of shoes. Having my first swim stroke correction lesson at the Monash pool as well. And Sunday, is a ride at Ulu Langat with RK and his group. Can't wait!

Wooooohoooooo!!!

Labels:

1 wandered by:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

~~~~~~~~~~geekchic

hope you saved enough of money for sunscreen (for your legs, REMEMBER?!)

*hehe

4:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home