"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Not so bleh no more

I finally bought my own helmet.
I initially wanted a MET all-white Estro, but it was sold out and I didn't fancy the idea of waiting for new stock to arrive.

Then I saw this.
It's the MET Formula. And at RM180, it's a hundred bucks cheaper than the Estro. And though I'd much prefer the Estro, RM100 is alot of money to save.

Anyway, I couldn't stand staying home anymore. It was driving me mad and I was feeling quite OK already. So I decided to join MS and her gang for a ride this morning. This time in Ulu Langat. Even the drive there was awesome. As I approached the small road cutting through the village, I saw the sun slowly rise behind the hills in the horizon, giving everything around it a golden glow. Birds were flying in formation. Chickens were running around by the roadside.

So I parked my car, set up the bike and off we went through more villages. More greenery. More sunlight cutting through tree branches. And about an hour in, the true reward of braving village motorists and wayward chickens- the Ulu Langat Dam.

It was beautiful. Clear water spotted with green islands. Water falls coming down by the road side. God's beautiful creations - yes, yes, so what if the dam was man-made. And oh, there were killer hills, but equally thrilling downhills.

My fitness was terrible though. After almost 2 weeks of inactivity, it was quite a painful struggle to keep up. Good thing MS and the other cyclists took time to slow down for me or to give me a push every now and then when I was practically crawling up the hill (I'd probably move faster if I got down and walked but I would have none of that).

All in all, it was a good Sunday.
But I miss my two favourite people badly.
One is in Cambodia on holiday with his bud for a few days. The other is in China on holiday with her family for a week. Miss :(

Labels:

1 wandered by:

Blogger itchyfeet said...

muaks! am back larp!

2:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home