"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Post purchase rationalisation

In the few days I was on leave, I kinda spent a lot of money.
An idle mind is not just a devil's workshop.
It does funny things to your wallet too.

1) Was walking around in Summit on Friday. I mean, what can you possibly buy in Summit that's not positively cheap? Then I walked past the watch shop where D bought his watch a few months ago at a very good discount. I must say they give incredible bargains. It's the corner shop right next to Cold Storage, next to a computer games shop.

Anyway, it's probably the only place I know in PJ/KL that carries Timex. Out of sheer curiousity, I popped in to see what kind of promos they were having. Then I saw it. A Timex Heart Rate Monitor. I'd been wanting to get one for a long, long time, but it was just way too expensive here in Malaysia. Then the boys at the counter told me it's now RM300, down from RM450. I knew that if I didn't get it now, I probably wouldn't find another offer as good as this. I'd rather get this at RM300 than a very basic Polar HRM model for RM280 with fewer functions. With the Polar, I would have to send it back to the manufacturer if the batteries run out. With the Timex, I can change the batteries at any watch shop. No contest there. The savings? RM150. SCORE!!

2) I've been wanting to get the Sony Ericsson k800i phone since I first saw the sharp, clear pictures it took on SD's camera phone. That was half a year ago, when the phone was going at RM1399 (RM1299 for an AP set). Last weekend, I got my AP set for under a grand, with a 1G card thrown in. Savings? RM340. SCORE!!!

3) Was walking around in Parkson with D and there was this awesome promo for men's shirts at G2000. Buy 3 pieces and get 50% off all of them. It was a 3-day promotion. It was a now or never decision. D was tempted to get them but decided to walk away. Well, I couldn't let this great discount pass me by and decided to get the shirts for him for Christmas. Savings? RM225. SCORE!!! (There was this really nice jacket too, but I couldn't afford another RM300, though it was after a 50% discount as well!).

Total savings? RM715! Triple score!

Now isn't it a good thing I'm not in charge of world economics :P ?

Labels: ,

2 wandered by:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

~~~~~~~~~~~~`geekchic

you hardly shop la. nevermind la. take pics of new fone la

3:41 pm  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Discounts, wooOOt!! I'm so happy over my recent purchase too - a pair of woolen slacks at 50% off!

I is so proud.

8:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home