"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Monday, November 26, 2007

Whoosh...

The week went by really quickly.
Busy at work. Tried squeezing in some workouts in between.

Body took awhile to recover from the previous Sunday's ride.
Going up K.Klawar (or Perez as it's called by other cyclists) really did me in, and an attempt to run on Wednesday was rather pathetic. It's as if my cycling legs screwed up my running legs, so I did some weights instead. Went for RPM on Thursday, and while I noticed it's getting a little easier, I sweated buckets like never before. Good or bad sign, I dunno.

Thursday was also when D took my dad out to watch the Federer vs Sampras match in Shah Alam. Such a sweetie. Apparently my dad was screaming and cheering his heart out. For the few hours in the stadium, he wasn't a little frail old man. Hahaha. So funny.

Saturday
Swim lesson in the morning again. Assistant coach taught me a drill to help my freestyle (main coach went off with the kids for a swim meet) . I'm starting to feel a little doubtful about the classes here. He kept forgetting I was there to improve on my strokes, not to learn how to swim. Geeez. He only taught me the drill after I reminded him when he asked me to do the same stuff as another student who didn't even know how to float.

After class, I sent my car for service nearby, walked home (which took 15mins) cos I still couldn't run, and took Sunshine for long walk with a few running bursts (45mins). She was all pooped out by the time we got home (the weather was scorching even though it was about 11am). So cute to see her sleeping contentedly after that.

Sunday
Had a good ride at Ulu Langat again. Left the house at 6.45am and there was a freaking jam on the Federal Highway. The cops turned a 4-lane into a 1-lane because of the rioting in town. Damn! Luckily it cleared quickly enough and I got to Ulu Langat on time.

We took the route round the dam to the nasi lemak stall this week. The ride felt easier than my first. At least I was struggling as much going up the hills. The best part - I'm not aching very much today.

What did I do differently? I drank a whole bottle of Gatorade before the ride, and another during. Ate some nasi lemak at the rest stop half way, drank some Revive, and then downed 2 cans of Gatorade after the ride. Not as stiff and achey as my first ride. Can't compare to last week's ride of course, which was a different route and uphill all the way. Hmmm. I wonder if my client (Pepsico) would sell Gatorade to me in bulk at a cheaper price. Teeheehee.

Met up with the girls for coffee for some catching up as AV was back from Singapore for the weekend. There were only 4 of us since EL left for London. The latest news would be SY's preggers-ness. AV bought her some baby clothes - a really pretty colourful striped outfit with socks.

I said "Cute." They were really cute, but I guess I wasn't overly enthusiastic with a cccccccuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttteeeee or something. But they had a good laugh (at me) cos they could see this whole 'baby' thing was kinda freaking me out. SY would be the first in my close bunch of girlfriends from high school to have a baby. And of course, AV and SY being married, they turned to CC and me, and asked when it'd be our turn.

Errr....
AIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Knowing SY and HM, their kid would be a real cutie.
There's no denying that! :)


Labels: , , ,

0 wandered by:

Post a Comment

<< Home