"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Siemens 10km Run 2007

Apparently, it's pronounced zee-mens and not see-mens.
Zo yez, it waz a gutt ruhn thiz morning.


My bad memory gave me a panic attack last night cos I couldn't find my race reporting card. Told myself to go to sleep and search for it in the morning. Woke up 15 minutes before the alarm went off at 4.45am, after dreaming that they didn't let me run without the card. Obviously I couldn't go back to sleep, so I washed up and went out to my car. Only to find it slipped between the pages of a small notepad in my glove compartment *rolls eyes*

Got there early, walked around the field in Dataran Merdeka to wake my stiff body up. We were supposed to start off at 7.30am, but the dignitaries *rolls eyes again* were late. We were only flagged off at 7.45am after a long winded speech ending with a few shouts of Merdeka. What the...?

The first 2kms were tough. My body was still asleep. And because I'd been running quite abit the past week (including yesterday), I could still feel the lactic acid build up in my legs. After awhile, I managed to maintain a decent pace, only stopping to walk when it's a steep hill to conserve energy.

I must say it was a very well-organised race. But four (or was it five?) water stations abit over the top lah. In the first two, they were giving away whole bottles. Most of them went to waste cos most runners drank a few gulps and tossed the heavy bottles away. I was sipping my yummy Gatorade, only turning to the water stations towards the second half of the race.

Finished in around 1:10 at 58th place in my category. Yay! Got medal! Not too bad, though I was hoping to finish under 1:10 today. Nemmain lah. Will push myself abit more at the Adidas King of The Road in August.

There were Milo, Powerbar, VitaMilk and 100Plus tents at the field (wah). They even had 'recovery tents' with cool mist, tubs to soak your feet in and massage (wahhhh)! I went for the ice cold yummy Milo. Yummm. I could feel my zapped body absorbing whatever energy or nutrients it could give. Then I bumped into old school friends SW (who's working with Siemens) and PY. Haven't seen them in almost a decade! Caught up for a short while and I went off to have breakfast with LY, after which I went home take Sunshine for a long walk. All this before noon. What a fufilling morning.

My left foot is feeling achey again.
Oh... what I'd do for a massage right now.

Labels:

4 wandered by:

Blogger Yue-li said...

HAHAHA! I could have told you where the cards were lah. That time Muar you told me open the glove compartment to see the cards somemore... aiyo....

7:38 am  
Blogger ... said...

*munching on chocolate*

Wahhh, respect

*attempts to throw choc away, thinks twice, finishes it off*

:D

8:54 am  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Yules: Yar I know... when I found it only I remembere. Sigh. Is there medication for this?

Rin: *steals your chocolate*

6:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of your memory..Remember that time that we went out to the..umm..argh! contagious..

Rin: Woi!! Stop eating so much chocolate...hate it when you're a copycat.Hehehee...

D

10:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home