"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Monday, July 09, 2007

Hey kitty-kitty-kitty...

I finally saw the Gold Lion with my own eyes when I visited the old workplace last week. It's really heavy. It's golden (duh), though I couldn't tell if it's really gold-plated. It's made by Arthus-Bertrand in Paris (whoever he may be). And it felt rather strange to hold, even though I should feel some sense of ownership. Well, I was happy about winning this, but maybe I didn't care all that much after all.

My art director on this job said if he could have it his way he'd want me to keep it. But obviously the agency's not about to give away their trophy. And since they're also unwilling to spend a few grand to get a copy for an ex-employee (not that they'll spend the money on anyone anyway), taking pictures with it will have to do.


Ex-boss said he'll make me a paper-mache model when I asked about the trophy. Yea, right. The same ex-boss who told an ex-colleague to 'take us out' (Box and WT were with me) when he saw us in the office. As if we were there to steal company secrets or ideas or something.

If anything, I wonder who's smiling at every press conference holding my Lion. Good thing I managed to snap a few pictures of it before we left. Sheesh.

Labels:

2 wandered by:

Blogger ... said...

Atleast got picture lor...

Hee hee, can see your face in the reflection!

11:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The person holding that lion and claiming glory for a creative masterpiece that wasn't hers..should be taken out and shot... with a dose of honesty and humility. A big phony who may never experience the true meaning of achievement.


D

9:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home