"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Playing truant!

Half the agency left for Vietnam (company trip) yesterday.
And to avoid explaining myself for the hundredth time (it's amazing how people don't stop asking "Why aren't you going? Free trip what!"), I decided not to go because they deduct two days leave for the trip. And I need my leave days for Hong Kong (flying off in two weeks) cos I only get 14 days a year.

The handful left behind (me and some other colleagues) pretty much enjoyed the peace and quiet. But it was barely 4pm when KC and I decided to forage for booze in our production director's room (we'll replace the bottle, of course).

So we opened a bottle of Penfolds Thomas Hyland Cabernet Sauvignon 2002. Lovely lovely lovely. And before the 'work' day was over, we finished it between the both of us and another colleague. Wine and nice music on my iTunes. Lots of laughs and chit chat. All on company time. Bwahahahaha!

Today, the office is like a ghost town. The second batch has left for Vietnam so it's even more deserted. Come lunch time, a few of us are gonna hit a karaoke joint and uh, we're not coming back. Tee hee!

Have a great weekend, folks!

Labels:

4 wandered by:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

~~~~~~~~~~~geekchic
you ditched me here :(

1:50 pm  
Blogger Mint Chutney said...

I used to love when the office would be empty so I could get a lot of "work" done. Now I work from home and I'm lonely everyday. : (

Have a good weekend!

9:40 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

U wait till they google u up on this. u will D-I-E! Hahhaha.. Sigh, I wish i had that kinda time @ work. Lately it's been SUCKY! I wish i was going down HK TOO!! :( btw, my bro n family's coming back end of this month for 2 weeks.. im so EXCITED!! AND EH.. i saw this Ipod thing.. nvm we'll leave it for another day.. ahhaha.. very sleepy d.. nite dearie.. and im glad u had a great time OFF from work! Feels REAAAAAL good aintit?! ;)

12:52 am  
Blogger ... said...

Naughty, naughty!

*roflol*

:D

Yeah, when they google you, you are SO dead!

11:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home