"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Monday, May 01, 2006

Cold-blooded housewarming

D recently moved into his new apartment, two floors up from his rented place. It looked exactly the same, but with a fresh coat of paint, nicer furniture and five air conditioners (wow).

Anyhoo, it was his housewarming recently, and he invited some friends over. One of which was a reptile fanatic, who brought his beautiful pet rainbow boa constrictor along.

I'm not one to be squeamish about reptiles, so I loved holding it and letting it coil around my neck and arms. In fact, I was so charmed by it, its owner was worried I'd traumatise the poor thing. I guess he got worried when I said his snake felt just like a leather handbag. With a pulse.


See its rainbow sheen? So pretty huh?


Feels just like snake-skin.

Reptiles aside, I made a tiramisu for the little party.
Read about it in my foodie blog. ;)


Labels: ,

2 wandered by:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo... such a pretty snake... Enjoy your hols next week sweetie... and bring back lot's of photos

12:38 pm  
Blogger Lawrence said...

I thought you'd have made some snake soup, snakeskin wallet & handbag from it, hahahhar...

9:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home