"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Sunday, February 26, 2006

I'm a bad, bad girl

I've been making some impulsive purchases.
Well, not so impulsive ones, but AAAACCKKKKK... I couldn't help myself.

I try to justify them by telling myself, hey, I got a little bit of extra dosh from my gigs - a Carat Club gig last November, a corporate function last December and the recent Valentine's gig (though I've yet to receive the cheque for that).

So here they are.

Penguin Great Ideas Box Set



I've been wanting to get this for almost a year now, along with the 70th Anniversary Box Set. The Great Ideas set has 20 books and is much cheaper than the 70th Anniversary set (70 thin books), which I've decided not to buy. I'm not willing to spend RM640 on a set that is mostly obscure titles anyway.

The Great Ideas set was quite elusive though. Every time I'm at a bookshop, it's never there. Until last week. I hesitated about 15 minutes before it was off the shelf and on the counter with my credit card. Plastic is evil.

A new cake mixer with stand and stainless steel bowl



My previous cake mixer was a sad excuse of one, bought really cheap a few years ago. It's true you get what you pay for. Low grade plastic and a stand that doesn't allow the bowl to move properly. Since I'm doing more baking these days, I thought why not. This one is manufactured by Faber, a local brand, but what sealed the deal for me was the stainless steel bowl and body. And its reasonable price at RM129.90. I saw a nicer heavy-duty version of a well-known make going at over RM500... it'd be nice, but, nahhhhhh.

An iPod Video 30G



I was never a gadget fan... but the iPod is simply a beauty. And to think that I can download and watch episodes of CSI and what not, store music and photos AND carry them with me everywhere I go.

CT got this for me from Hong Kong cos it's much cheaper there. And he sponsored part of it too, as my belated birthday pressie, for many belated birthdays (cos he's been working abroad since we graduated). During his trip home recently, he brought more happy news! He's getting married in September. And that's a wedding I really will not miss! We go a long way back.

Anyway, back to the iPod.
I got a black one, but on hindsight, maybe it wasn't such a bright idea. Even the most minute scratch is very visible (and I made the mistake of rubbing at the surface not-too-gently with a tissue paper to clean finger prints). Sigh.

To protect it, I got a nice Berkin's black leather jacket. Ironically, the jacket has a lifetime warranty. The iPod doesn't.

And now, a little detour.
Some pictures of Sunshine, now 4 months and a week old. She's all legs and licks!


Labels:

9 wandered by:

Blogger The Box said...

HMPH!

HMMMMMMMMMMMPPPH!

10:07 pm  
Blogger Karen said...

i want that box set too!!! (not to mention a rm1k+ KA mixer...)

well, looks like you can cross it off your wish list now :)

1:44 pm  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Box: There there, Boxy *offers candy*. Hey, can I copy songs from your iTunes? Heehee!

Snowie: OOOOOOOHHH! A KA mixer! The only place I saw it was at an office building in front of the Weld. Can't remember the name of building, but it's the one with CoffeeBean in it.

The shop's name is Eurochef, on the 1st floor. They sell all sorts of cooking gadgets. Even COPPER pots from France and ramekins of all sizes! I was so tempted to buy stuff, but they were WAY TOO expensive. Sniff.

Another cake mixer I drooled over was a Kenwood model. It has a 4.4liter bowl. Stainless steel construction. That's a mother of a mixer at over RM1.5K

2:16 pm  
Blogger Karen said...

you mean plaza see hoy chan? ooo... must go!! or maybe not, considering the state of my wallet...

i've seen a canary yellow KA in the bakeshop in DU! suki bakery or something, it's called. the kenwood is probably a better option, but *nigella* has a KA... :D

do you have Feast, btw, or else i'll type up that cake recipe for you.

12:11 pm  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Snowie: Plaza See Hoy Chan, eh, dunno lah... as long as got CoffeeBean, it's the right building. Hehe. If you stand at the main entrance downstairs next to Coffeebean, look up to the 1st floor, you'll see it. Go check it out! Sure dun wan to leave wan!
And no, I dun have any of Nigella's books. Sniff sniff. Only browse and memorise at the bookshop. So sad. Email me ya! wandernut@yahoo.com

12:38 pm  
Blogger Karen said...

aaw, so kesian! ok, will email tonight if i remember (no, have not gotten to the stage of bringing recipe books to work yet!)

4:27 pm  
Blogger Karen said...

oh p/s: spot wont let me go to eurochef!! *sob*

4:29 pm  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Snowie: Thanks! :) And re:Eurochef... WHY NOT?! It's j-j-j-just kitchen stuff. Every home n-n-n-needs them. Really!

5:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bad girl bad girl....whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when they come for you?

2:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home