"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Monday, February 20, 2006

A cake's in the oven, so what's my perfect man like?

It's Saturday night and I'm relishing a quiet night at home (D is working this weekend). A belated birthday cake for LY (banana, at her request) is in the oven right now, so I thought, perfect time to do Mint's "Perfect Lover" tag.

Like Mint, I also believe there's no such thing as a perfect lover. Because a person shouldn't be measured by the sum of his parts... er, that sounds quite wrong, but you know what I mean. A person, as a whole, is not exactly measurable. There are too many intangible bits and... OK, enough rambling. Heh.

The rules of the tag (copy-pasted from her blog and edited for brevity):
1. Tagged victim has to come up with 8 different points of their perfect lover.
2. Mention the gender of perfect lover. Is this really necessary?
3. Tag 8 victims to join this game. Ok, I'm not very good at following instructions. So if you want, you do lah.
4. If tagged the 2nd time, there's no need to post again. I know I wouldn't ;).

Here goes.

My man...

1. Should be sincere and kind. The easiest test - how he treats the waiting staff at a restaurant. He should be genuinely nice and never pompous or aloof.

2. Should be interested in the world around him. I like to get out there and do stuff. Under normal circumstances, I don't like waking up late or wasting too much time lounging about. He doesn't have to be a Jacque Costeau but doing stuff off the couch and away from the TV would be nice. He should also enjoy learning new things so that he continues to grow as a person.

3. Should be willing to step out of his comfort zone. This is so true, Mint. He should enjoy trying new things, experience new places and foods. And take the lead when I'm sitting on my own sorry arse.

4. Should have strong faith in God. And help me walk closer to Him as we encourage each other and grow as a couple.

5. Should be thoughtful and pay attention to details. Stuff like knowing through observation, without being told : My shoe size. How many sugars in my coffee. Where I like to be kissed. The colours I like. The music I enjoy. What I need at that moment in time. My favourite ice cream flavour. Things that make me tick. When I'm having a bad day. You know, little things like that. It's really about noticing the small stuff.

6. Should respect me and my occasional need for space. He should understand that sometimes I need to be alone or to be with my friends. Sometimes I may make choices he may not like, but he should know that it doesn't mean I love him any less. Because if that were the case, I would tell him.

7. Should lead a healthy lifestyle. I believe people who can't or don't take care of themselves, are less able to share a happy, fulfilling life with someone else. A man who doesn't eat his vegetables needs to get out of his school uniform ;) He need not have a 6-pack or a bison chest, but he should be able to walk a few flights of stairs without going into cardiac arrest.

8. Should have a good sense of humour. There's nothing sexier than a man who can make me laugh. Of course, he must also be able to laugh at himself and not take life all too seriously. A quick wit is a bonus, of course.

And err... because a girl can never ask for too much, 8 points are not enough. My man...

9. Should also share some common interests. In my case, music. Food, lots of it. And adventure. So we can do stuff and go places together.

10. Should be independant. I don't mind being his personal assistant, secretary, cook and cleaner woman (ok, maybe not cleaner woman cos I'm hopeless with laundry), IF I have time and energy left from responsibilities at work and at home. So if there's something he can do himself, he should. Unless it's a desperate situation, of course. But on an ordinary day, it shouldn't be expected of me.

11. Should be affectionate and not afraid to show it. I'm a very huggy and kissy person. While I'm not a fan of PDA (public display of affecion), I like a person who knows the sense of touch is often the best form of communication. And I don't mean it in a sexual way. At least, not in this point I'm trying to make ;)

12. Should be someone I can trust. Someone who's honest and I can be honest with. Someone I feel safe with. Someone I can tell everything to. And someone I can be myself with. In all my farting glory. :D

There.
The perfect man. Heh.

Oh, the cake's outta the oven.
And just in time too.

Labels:

9 wandered by:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

~~~~~~~~geekchic

finally can post. so sensible wan, your requirements. no lomantic stuff ah? :)

2:17 pm  
Blogger Rat said...

Interesting. So does D read your blog ?

7:57 pm  
Blogger The Box said...

"doing stuff off the couch and away from the TV"?

What is so wrong with doing stuff on the couch?
And if you put the right kind of film on when you're ON the couch, you'd want to STAY on.

Oh yeah.

12:06 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rat : Yes I do..and I must say, she should stop describing me in public..

9:32 am  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Geekchic: Lomantic ah? If the important basic stuff dun have, lomantic also no use ler, ngam mou?

Rat: Yes, he does. And he seems to think I'm talking about him too...

Box: PVC leather couches are hot and sticky. The rattan and cushion type is too unstable. The foam type is too soft. The rosewood ones are too hard and uncomfortable... er... well, HOW would I know? Never mind :P

D: Of course you ARE perfect... (almost). Heehee ;P :-*

3:01 pm  
Blogger Mint Chutney said...

OH! It's D!! *waves* Hi D!!

You and me have the same requirements. : )

8:08 am  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Mint: AT LAST! Wondered what happened to you. Hugs! Hehehe... yes, hence the fixation on Swedish twins. Hahahaha!!

2:36 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

so does that spell out D-A-R-R-E-N?
HAhahahhahaha...
btw, cheryl chu here, cousin to Darren [duh]. got a new kaypo blog.

thecommonmind.blogspot.com

7:47 pm  
Blogger Wandernut said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home