"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Monday, January 09, 2006

Very late but...

It's been two weeks, but here's a little list of what I got for Christmas. Apart from a stiff neck.

- Chicago and Moulin Rouge Original DVDs from D! Yipppeeee! Can't wait to watch them again. It's quite sickening but D and I know practically all the songs from Moulin Rouge by heart. We try not to sing in public. At least not when no one's paying. Heh.
- A Roald Dahl Box Set with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Glass Elevator, James & The Giant Peach and Fantastic Mr Fox from LY. It was like a book exchange this year. Hehe.
- The Family Ipoh Trip from my brother (he drove, paid for gas, toll fees and threw in breakfast for good measure)
- A beautiful collection of postcards by Yoshimoto Nara, an amazing Japanese artist, from YL. Wow. She probably supplied half the postcards in my collection over the years with all the travelling she had done.
- A lovely CD from Box and a package filled with love from Mint, all the way from Chicago.
- An eye-opening book, From Beirut to Jerusalem, from JL the marchan-wannabe and a baking book from D's mom (can't wait to start on some of the recipes).
- A doggy bag from JH (a bag with doggy prints all over, not a takeaway bag for leftovers) and a T-shirt with a sequined Indian woman on it from PC (her parents - my Godparents, gave me a cute bathing kit and a 2006 diary).
- Christian literature on Mother Theresa from AT and a nice wooden-beaded rosary from CC.
- Lots of knick knacks, chocolate and cookies from colleagues and friends

I remember opening my presents early on Christmas day cos my neck didn't allow me to sleep without tremendous pain.

So much love.
I'm very blessed.

Thank you.

Labels: ,

2 wandered by:

Blogger Spot said...

Wah, you are loved.

Have you ever noticed how perfectly Nicole Kidman enunciates the "t" in "perfect" on Come What May?

Love that song. It's one of the rare ones I can complete without having to change keys!

4:42 pm  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Spot: Yes, it's such a lovely song. Wah, but the high bits quite terror wor! :) And gosh, you're right about her "t" in "perfect". The cinapek in me sings it like this: "Suddenly the world's such a per-fek place..."

5:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home