"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Laziness Fatiguemus Grumpoculus (LFG)

LFG is quite a pain.
I haven't been doing stuff I used to enjoy, mainly because I don't seem to have the energy for them lately. It's hard to wake up most mornings without wishing I could stay in bed forever. At the same time, my mind would run on hyperspeed wishing I could be up and about doing something fun somewhere.

Also, my threshold of tolerance for stupidity and incompetence has dropped tremendously. For instance, in my short 2-3 months back in this company, I've given a few co-workers a piece of my mind. GENEROUS portions of it. That, and one nasty email. It's not something I usually do, or would have done. But it's NO MORE MISS NICE. I'm TIRED of being nice. Be too nice and people trample all over you. PUSHOVER!

(breathes) Anyway.

Maybe it's that particular time of the month (yes, I AM announcing to the whole world that I'm bleeding). But so what. So did your mother (the bleeding, not the announcing).

Maybe it's because it's already the third week of January and I've not started on the things I planned to do for this month. Like:
1. Start running REGULARLY again. I notice the correlation between my lack of exercise and foul moods.
2. Do the 40-day Purpose Driven Life read, reflect & post in my other blog. Perhaps it's a better idea to start at Lent, and finish just in time for Easter.
3. Make pineapple tarts in time for Chinese New Year with my aunt's kick-ass recipe (but that's cos the pineapple I bought last week was a bad one and I couldn't find the nice frilly pastry cutter until this afternoon.)
4. Start making sock doll pressies for some friends in time for their birthdays this year (meant to do this for Christmas but I was already hit by LFG then).
5. Start thinking about where I want to freaking go with my life. Been putting this off for too long. Living one day at a time is getting to me. Phhhbbbpppttt.

Damn LFG.

Labels:

7 wandered by:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought of writing something down but got too lazy to...wait a minute..I am writing something..

2:45 pm  
Blogger Karen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:17 pm  
Blogger Karen said...

isn't the worst thing about LFG that you're too lfg to do anything about it?!

kinda stuck there myself, so no advice, sorry. but when you DO get around to making the pineapple tarts, please give a review and post a picture... i made some for the first time last week..can compare notes!

5:19 pm  
Blogger Wandernut said...

TMM: Hello. And thanks for dropping a note. Er, even if it's for the sake of dropping one ;)

Snowie: Will definitely post on pineapple tarts! Soon! Soon!

10:15 am  
Blogger Mint Chutney said...

Ugh! I think I caught it as well. I should just wear a sign; "LFG alert! Don't meess with Mint"

9:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't struggle against an enemy like LFG. The more you do, the more it starts taking over.Lay back, relax, know that you're at least delaying the inevitable..

9:38 am  
Blogger The Box said...

Babe.

a) You WILL run more regularly. I'll make sure of it.
b) We're waiting for those tarts on the other side of town. Don't make us come down there.
c) I just cleaned my sock doll.
d) Fuck. I just confessed to having a sock doll.
e) This is all your fault.

5:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home