"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Monday, January 23, 2006

Who's for tarts?

The weekend was a good one.

Managed to run on Saturday morning, although I didn't last very long.
But at least I got my butt out there for awhile.
Then I met up with MT and Box for breakfast, visited MT's new house and saw her kids, my how they've grown.

Then I got started on my pineapple tarts, which didn't take very long as I prepared the jam the night before. Read all about it here.



On Sunday, D and I went to Restoran Wong Poh near Dataran Prima for some really amazing Cheese Crabs. The sauce was creamy, but not too 'jelak'. With a hint of curry leaves and enough sweetness to complement the crab meat but not cloyingly so (unlike this other seafood place next to the Tropicana fishpond). Unfortunately, no pictures because it was a last minute decision, and it would've been way too messy to take any anyway. Haha. We also ordered Mantis Prawns in Marmite sauce. These came in generous big and juicy quantities, unlike the skinny ones at most restaurants. Thumbs up for this too. And surprise, surprise, D even liked the vegetables we ordered - Yau Mak with garlic.

I haven't been to this restaurant in a long time, and I've forgotten how good the food here can be. Slurp slurp. It was a cool breezy night too and we sat outside. Breaking the rather quiet evening with the sound of pounding hammers and cracking crab shells.

Bliss, I tell ya.

Labels: ,

1 wandered by:

Blogger Vish said...

Pineapple tarts!!! Wooooooooo!

iwantiwantiwant!

7:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home