"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Friday, July 22, 2005

I want.

Just got back from Vietnam last Sunday. And I brought back a tummy bug that knocked me out with diarrhoea and a 40.2'C fever on Monday. Will be posting pictures (of the trip, not my diarrhoea) on my Yahoo Photos as soon as I compile them from everyone else. I didn't take any as my camera died on me.

It hovered between life and death for the past few months. Its clumsy owner probably didn't help by dropping it every now and then. Recent attempts at photography had to be preceded by some jiggling and shaking of the said (sad) device. And right before the trip, it made it's last coloured flicker.

So a digital camera is high on my WANT list right now. Which is growing bigger and bigger each day. Quite disproportionately with my savings.

Top 5 WANT List

1. A 5.0 to 7.0 megapixel digital camera that won't involve dismembering my body parts, selling my organs and/or bodily fluids to afford.

2. The beautiful box set of Penguin's 70th Birthday specially designed books (all 70 of them) going for RM680 at MPH. Ok, maybe I am willing to sell my blood. Almost as tempting as the Penguin Great Ideas Boxed Set. Slurp. Only 20 books on world changing ideas, with clean beautifully designed covers and embossed type. But they don't sell it here. Darn it. Well, uhm, thank God... *bites nails*

The 70th Birthday box set, back view (top) and front view (bottom).

3. More of those Penguin books with newly designed covers. Includes all the popular classics. They make me want to clear out that still-broken bookshelf in my room, buy a new one (IKEA's on SALE) and put all the new books in.

4. Go on a looooooooong holiday to take pictures with WANT No.1 and read WANT No.2 and 3.

5. Find a job that lets me do WANT No.4 anytime I like.

Now that's wishful thinking.

Labels:

1 wandered by:

Blogger Spot said...

haiyah, run here run there. :)

since it's wishful thinking, don't wish for a JOB, wish for a magic Purse of Limitless Money!

why work when one can opt to be a hedonistic bum, right? ;)

11:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home