"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Outrage

The girls at Leonard Drake, Subang Parade are really nice.
Lovely beauticians, and yes, though it may not sound 'very me' to be the 'facials' type of girl, I enjoy going for the regular face pampering.

Good skin is important cos I don't like make up. I can't be bothered to wake up and put on concealer and foundation just to look half decent. I don't spend money on cosmetics, so I have no excuse to skimp on skincare. Plus I'm not all that young and fresh-faced anymore. I should make a little more effort.

And since discovering Dermalogica 5 years ago, there was no turning back. It really works for me. Thing is, Dermalogica is not cheap. And over the past 5 years, they keep raising their prices. It used to be a nominal increase about once a year. Imported from the US, it made sense to raise prices when the USD was high and they had to keep up with the costs.

But in the past year or two, they've been jacking up prices once every 6 months. And I'm not talking RM5 or RM10. I'm talking in the regions of RM20-50. Even with the lower USD.

My moisturiser, Skin Smoothing Cream, cost me RM168 (100ml) 5 years ago, if I remember correctly. A year ago, it was about RM208. Then half a year ago, RM 228. And with the recent price hike as of 1st April, it's now RM259! Blame it on oil prices or whatever but that's just plain ridiculous.

Luckily, Geekchic introduced me to www.strawberrynet.com some time ago. I bought my last batch of Dermalogica products online here at much cheaper prices, with FREE DELIVERY to boot.

I'm about to run out of my moisturiser soon. Out of curiousity, I checked the current price of my Skin Smoothing Cream on the website. It's selling at about RM195. That's RM64 in savings.

And the girls asked me why I haven't been replenishing my products from the outlet in the past few months. I said nothing. If only other retail customers knew what I knew...

Labels:

3 wandered by:

Blogger Jaja Shah said...

i pun pakai yang sama. setuju sangat laaa mahal sangat, tapi sangat sesuai for my skin. dah 2 tahun i guna, so far, perfect!

10:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah. dermalogica is damn good. wouldn't trade it for anything else. even tho it's so frigging expensive *cry

6:32 pm  
Blogger Lumos Maxima said...

ah you are right ah. since i don't spend on cosmetics i shouldn't skimp on skincare. but i try to save as much as i can whenever i squeeze out some.

2:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home