"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Addict goes cold turkey!

As of today, Bogglific, my favourite application in all of Facebook, is no more. Hasbro Inc. issued them a DMCA notification notice and they were given 48 hours to remove the application. Very soon, Scrabulous may suffer the same fate.

This is proof that Hasbro, like many big corporations, is not very smart. Being online, Bogglific is hardly competing with the real thing. If anything, Roger Nesbitt, the creator, ignited interest in this game to an entire new generation, and reignited it for people who haven't played it for a long, long time. Like me!

Because of Bogglific, I'm so hooked to the game, I was given a real set for Christmas. And I found it quite amusing that it was the same with a few friends. I also hear of people who now get together on weekends to play Boggle, because they just can't get enough of the game after experiencing it on Bogglific.

If there was a spike in sales over the past few months, they should know in their heart of hearts that Bogglific had a big part in it. We're talking tens and thousands of Bogglific junkies here.

Bogglific lovers are now signing a petition on Facebook pleading Hasbro to let Bogglific live on (please sign it too!). Or at the very least, Hasbro should buy the application from Mr Nesbitt and own it. It'd be such a great communication tool, and it sure hell beats advertising. People in Hasbro marketing must be living in the dark ages. I hope they burn when they finally see the light! Grrrrrr....

Now what am I gonna do while I brush my teeth before and after I go to bed? :(

Labels: , ,

0 wandered by:

Post a Comment

<< Home