"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Sunday, August 19, 2007

When the cats are away...

... the dog comes in.

Everyone's gone out.
And I have the whole house to myself.

It's just me, lazing on the couch.
Sunshine's on the floor next to me (yes, she's in the house! whoopeee! shhhh, don't tell mom).

The TV is off for a change. No incessant chatter from Wah Lai Toi or screaming spectators from Star Sports. The phone's on silent. I hear nothing but the whirring of the fan, the twitter of birds outside and Sunshine's breathing.

We fall in and out of sleep, my left hand draping over the couch to rest on her soft furry shoulder.

Sunshine stirs. Her sharp ears prick up. A neighbourhood stray is trotting by the house. But she's too content to move or bark her displeasure. Oh well. We both go back to our lazy, peaceful Sunday.

I love it.
Every weekend should be like this.

Labels: ,

10 wandered by:

Blogger Lumos Maxima said...

awww look at her. so kiut. so PLIITTYYYYY. i oso want!

*kidnaps sunsain*

5:57 pm  
Blogger farked said...

something abt this post sounds oddly romantic... and its with the pooch...

hey, throw her a cookie!

7:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~geekchic

sei charn, too late. i kidnap her oredi. *peace

she kiut ler. and i always like pictures of dogs sleeping :) so peaceful and innocent.

12:10 am  
Blogger ... said...

Sunshine is so adorable...! Give her a big hug from me!

10:57 am  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Lumos & Geek: Hahaha! What's even cuter are the noises she makes when she wakes up and stretches... they sound like "uunnnnhhhh garrrfff unhhh", finished off with a dramatic sigh.

farked: I *heart* my dog...
The cookie? Cannot la... got chocolate. Can dai wan!

Rin: She's waiting for you to come back and hug her yourself :)

3:45 pm  
Blogger Yue-li said...

so cutieeeeeeeeeee!!!

12:28 pm  
Blogger farked said...

pooch can eat choc... but it cant be more than 5% of their bodyweight...
there're choc drops for dogs, yknow

2:21 pm  
Blogger Natasha Fernz said...

Oh my GAWD!!!!!

Your Sunshine looks exactly like my Cleo!!! Right down to her slightly white markings just off her shoulder blades, and the exact same collar!!!

this is spooky...

Natasha

4:37 pm  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Yules: *wags tail and dribbles saliva all over*

Farked: Serious ah! Hahahaha! Too late, no more choc chip cookies left. Anyway, they're bad for her. I'll try to make some homemade dog-friendly cookies for her one day.

Natasha: Hey there! :) Yeah, how cool is that! Where did you get Cleo? Sunshine is almost 2 years old now.

I think I might have met you and your dog very briefly at one of those doggy events in Central Park, BU. I remember a yellow lab named Cleo who loved the water in the pond.

Sunshine loves it too, but her skin's been sensitive lately, so I didn't let her swim at the last outing! We should have a play date one day! :D Belly rubs for your girl. Hope her foot's better now.

5:00 pm  
Blogger Natasha Fernz said...

Hello hello...

Yes we may have crossed paths... cleo's coming up to 3 now... we aopted her from a friend's friend in Old Klang road...

Yes she would love a play date... Must set up one as soon as Cleo's foot is all better...

Hugs for Sunshine from Natasha & Cleo

5:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home