"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Leaky week

Had a rather good weekend, running my kms and spending time with people (and dogs) who matter. The weather has been wet and I caught a chesty cough. Not that I'm very chesty, but I got the cough anyway :P.

Stubborn me continued to run my required kms.
I should have rested more, but I thought, it's just a little cough.
It's now a full blown flu.

Am thrilled to bits cos there's a sale at Nike Women in The Curve. Bought my Hydration Belt (with three cool bottles and mini pouch for Powergels), and a yoga mat. There were some other stuff going at about 30-40% off. But I had to control myself. The running vests and shorts and socks and a new pair of gym gloves were shouting "Buy Me". But no no no no. Me good girl.

Dad's in the hospital to prep for a hernia operation on Friday. His appointment was for early next month, but it got brought forward. So I took emergency leave to help him check in this morning. We were given the run around just to register for goodness sake. Those people really ought to brush up their communication skills. We had to walk from the East Wing to the Old Wing, up and down the hospital and wait about 3 hours before dad was registered and comfortably settled into his ward. Sigh.

Oh well, can't complain too much when surgery's paid for by his civil servant pension. Today is X-ray, ECG testing and blood tests. Not sure what else they'd be doing to him tomorrow. Poor dad. Felt kinda sad to leave him there. Maybe I'll sneak him a char koay teow for lunch. He won't get dinner tomorrow because of his surgery the following day.

My flu's getting from bad to worse.
It's just like the leaky faucet in my kitchen. Non-stop dripping. Drives me up the wall.

Things are busy at work. I feel almost guilty being absent today. But I feel so shitty with a raw red nose and glazed eyes that today's EL might as well be an MC. Good thing my brother drove the family to the hospital for the 'second shift' tonight. So blur right now.

Oh. Harry Potter can be bought from MPH at a decent 25% off if you're a MRC card member. Helped YL buy a copy and finished reading it over 2 days. Most of it while waiting at the hospital. Got me thinking, what would my patronus be if I were to fight off my dementors (beings who suck joy out of me, like bad clients or irritating relatives)? A labrador would be the obvious choice... though I wouldn't mind a nice chubby pig or a flying peace dove.

Geek's birthday was on Monday. I wonder what the bride-to-be wished for upon her birthday candles.

Ok. Nasal plumbing problem.
Must go to bed. Zzzz.

Labels:

5 wandered by:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Aii, poor thing.

I've just recovered from the flu oso. Usually I will get a nasty cough after that. Drinking warm honey lemon water (very strong!) 3 times a day helped A LOT. Noticeably better the next day.

Get well soon, to you and your Dad!

5:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Mr. Ha recovers soon.

As for you, that nasty concoction (c+l(boiled)) made with love is ready for you..

D

9:45 am  
Blogger lyn said...

That "drip" "drip" reminds of the most irritating ad we have in Adelaide...which goes like this this."Drip, drip" Metropolitan Plumping...(gets repeated 5 times) gee....I can imagine how "irritating" your plumbing must feel. Well drink lots of water, rest (no jogging lah) and if some loving helps ...then go for it.

12:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~geekchic

I wished for world peace. looks like it didn't happen seeing some koreans got killed in middle east :(

6:17 pm  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Cheryl: Thanks beb. I stuffed myself with lots of water and green tea!

D: Didn't get to drink your coke and lemon oso. So busy this week. Now almost recover oredi. Hahaha!

Aunty Lyn: Plumbing better now. But haven't had time to see the Tua Pui lately. :D Hehehe

Geek: World peace? Sigh... we'd be lucky if it's not in pieces in the generations to come. Touch wood.

A toast to a wonderful new life ahead of you as Mrs JST, aka Mrs Dork. :D

10:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home