"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Friday, August 10, 2007

Heart rate rising...

It's just a day and a half away to my first half marathon. I feel bloody excited and anxious at the same time. Hope I can finish within 3 hours, though I wonder if hoping for 2:45 would be asking for too much. Heh.

It's taper week this week, so I've been taking it easy.
No long runs, except on Tuesday when I pushed myself to do an interval 9km to make up for the long run I missed the week before (no thanks to the flu). Feels strange to run for less than half an hour now. Such a far cry from 3 months ago when I would've called it a day after 4km.

Told myself to get used to sleeping early this week.
But it's been futile. I can't seem to fall asleep until it's way past midnight. I need to get used to this cos I must wake up at 4am on race day, have a light brekky, then be at the venue by 5am! Race starts at 6am I think. How to get used to sleeping early like that!

Collected the PJ Half Marathon goodie bag yesterday. Pretty decent, considering the really cheap entry fee of RM10. A pack of pasta. A bottle of multi-purpose cleanser (HUH?). Vouchers to a free meal at KFC and a free can of Malta. Some chocolate bars. And a contact lens voucher as well. The t-shirt's not too hot though. Not like the cool yellow Adidas Climacool vest that was given out for the Adidas King of the Road run last week. Oh, and my bib number is C0022. How cool is that! Now go buy number!

Consciously eating more carbo this week. Though I think I overdid it today. I had a roti tampal (roti canai with a fried egg pasted on it) for breakfast. Then while at work at the post-production house, I kept stuffing my face with their cheese toasties (they were so good, and the clients were stressing me out!). Then there was satay for dinner. With those yummy rice cubes (nasi impit). Now I feel too bloated to sleep. Ugh. And it's past midnight! And there's SW's birthday dinner tomorrow night.

Must sleep. Must cover my last easy run (3.5km) when I get up. Must sleep. Must sleep. Must sl...

Labels: ,

4 wandered by:

Blogger ... said...

Wear earplugs! I swear by them. Helps me sleep all the time! Serious!

All the best in the run!

6:00 am  
Blogger farked said...

cheese toasties... were u at APV?

btw, flipping thru the want ads in today's paper - page 18 - "WANTED! Food Writer". could this be your calling?

stuff face and claim for the food bill!! wax poetic about the food! get paid for it!

9:47 am  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Rin: What helps is a stiff drink. But not supposed to have alcohol before a race. Hehehe...

Farked: Yes, was at APV!! I lurv their cheese toasties. The cheese and egg ones are just as good. FOOD WRITER? Freelance or full-time ah? *drool*

10:03 am  
Blogger farked said...

do what i do at APV next time - get them to put DOUBLE cheese!

the milo kao not bad also.

food writer, dont think it mentioned part of full time... apply only lah!!

1:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home