"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Monday, July 30, 2007

Rainy days and Monday mornings

  • Dad's back from the hospital and he's doing fine. Got some swelling still but should be alright if he rests abit longer. His appetite is still good and he can walk for short distances so that's a good sign.
  • I had a full day shoot on the weekend so it was rather tiring. While the clients are nice on a normal day, I don't understand why they had to be so super obsessive when it came to the product shots. Fortunately, they pretty much left us to do our thing for most part of the commercial. But when it came to their 'sell', oh my gawd, the level of interference was almost intolerable.

    They should just let us do our jobs, but no, they had to cover the precious product from every single conceivable angle, and all the different variations of their range. The way they went on, it was almost as if the whole world revolved around their 'miracle pen'. Like it could rid the world of hunger and poverty or something. Why are ALL clients like that! Geez..

  • I must be losing my head. I was holding my office parking card in my hand when the production house van drove us back to my office after the shoot. I got into my car and the card was not in my hand. I had no memory of letting it go or putting it down or dropping it. All I remember was it being firmly in my hand as we approached my office building. Turned out that I left it on my seat in the van. How, I don't know.

    I also forgot where I put the entry passcard to my office. I searched my bag, my gym bag, my car, my room, my living room... nothing. Only after 3 days of wondering where it went, I realised I was carrying my laptop bag on Wednesday and I must have stuffed it in the front pocket. It was there. Laughing at me when I took it out. I really must be losing my mind. :P

  • Saw this photo essay on time.com and it's so interesting. It tells you what people in different countries eat in a week, and how much they spend on food. From America to Africa to Germany to Bhutan to Japan, there are 15 beautiful photos that show you how wonderfully diverse we are. And how different life is for the haves and have-nots.

  • YL and I surprised SW for her birthday at the LCCT airport this morning. SW was going to Macau for a holiday with JH and KN, but cos she's the kindest, sweetest ex-boss and friend, no way we're gonna let her escape her big 40th just like that. We arrived with balloons, cake, party hats and whistle blowies. She was super surprised and probably embarassed when we sang Happy Birthday loudly at McDonalds. It was 5 am. If it ain't love, I don't know what is. Hahaha. Good thing it started to rain only after I got home at about 7 am. Managed to get a few more winks of sleep before I went to work.

  • Didn't get to run the 15km I was supposed to clock in yesterday, no thanks to the shoot. Must try to make up for it today. Arrrgghh... want more sleep.

Labels:

4 wandered by:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~geekchic

Happening la youuuuuuuuuu

5:54 pm  
Blogger farked said...

client memang itu macam!! even if there is no close up of the product, still must be super perfect. even if it's impossible for any viewer to catch every single thing in the commercial (espeically so many products) agency must still give each product good airtime. even if there is no nanosecond to spare.

client memang like that!

it's all about what the scrutinizing client sees, in slow motion and freeze frame, and not what the viewers are able to see.

remember ah, no client, no job.

10:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

farked : HA!

WN: You're probably just tired cause you didn't get enough sleep before waking up to send your friend off. And yet you still went to the gym during the later part of that day..tsk tsk.. too 'keng'!


D

2:25 pm  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Geek: So tired now man!

Farked: Lucky YOU'RE not my client. :P Hehehe!

D: Yaler. But I must! I must! I don't want to die doing the 21k in just over a week and half from now.

10:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home