"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Sunday, August 05, 2007

A very full weekend

Running and fishing

After running my kms on Saturday, I went to Sunway Pyramid with D to collect my running vest for today's Adidas King of the Road run. They ran out of ladies vests so I had to make do with the men's. It wasn't too bad. Just that the armholes were too big. Good for airing armpits I say. Haha. Then we went for the Hartz Chicken Buffet downstairs. The food wasn't very good. But there was plenty of not-good food. And since we paid for it, might as well eat our money's worth right? Heh.

Next, a trip to the pet shop. Bought Sunshine her dog food and some treats, a home for my mom's growing tortoise, and helped D choose some fish for his grandma. We bought around 3 dozen littles fishies - colourful guppies, some tetras, platys, swordtails and some other fish names I can't remember. It was almost like ordering sushi. Two of this. Four of that. Ladidadida.

Putting the tank together was no easy task. First, we washed the tank. Washed the gravel. Put the filter together. Dechlorinated the water. Put in the plants (2 fake + 1 real), the driftwood and ceramic 'wooden house' (which was actually in a display tank and we pleaded with the shop owner to sell it to us). Finally, the fish.




The tank's really pretty now if I do say so myself.


Adidas King of the Road

MK and LY came over at 6am and we walked to Sunway Pyramid as 'warm up'. YL got the flu and couldn't join us today. Hope you're feeling better, beb.

The race started at 7am and the NPE was quite a decent running route. Apart from the smelly rubber factory half way and the rising sun that chose to shine enthusiastically today, it was a pleasant run. Sufficient water stations. Decent crowd control. And of course, the very nice running vest (worth RM59.90 it seems), a dining voucher for Holiday Villa and shopping vouchers. Not bad worrrr.

I realised all the kms I'd put in over the past few weeks made my run alot easier this time. The uphills still intimidated me, but they weren't as steep as the ones in Bukit Tunku. I felt stronger this time. Except for the little cough and sniffle that's been bugging me for awhile now.

I finished 60th in my category with a personal best of around 1:04.
YAY! Got medal, no cert. Hahaha. Next, the PJ Half. Gulp.


PC Fair.

After showering, LY and I sped off to the PC Fair at KLCC. Had brunch and battled the crowd in search of an MP3 player (for her), a webcam (for dad) and a speaker for iPod / laptop (for me).

I bought this for RM299.

Edifier iF330


And this for RM89.

Logitech Quickcam IM


*prances around happily*

Now it's off to watch The Simpsons on DVD and play Magic Cards.
Whooopee. I'm gonna be soooo exhausted by end of today.

Post Edit: I got whooped at the Magic Cards. I still haven't quite grasped the strategic skills needed to play Magic. But it's okay, I'm learning. It's fun. And I'm so in love with this...

It's actual size is alot smaller, of course.

Thanks SM, for the pizza, Baileys and this...



I still don't get it though.
How can anybody NOT like dark chocolate?

Labels: , , ,

6 wandered by:

Blogger ... said...

Oops, sorry! Wasn't online at that time. Got your message very much later! :D

10:10 am  
Blogger lyn said...

No wonder my son mentioned something about me being a grandma to thirty....he must have meant the fish. Wonder if he expects his grandma to clean the tank and feed the fish after she's done cleaning and feeding him ha ha ha...

12:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Learn slowly lorr..most of us are trying to re-learn some of the things. Just thank Mr. Garfield for the wonderful amusement.

Dark chocolate is fine, but 70% is a little too bitter for my tastes.

And you didn't put the pictures of itchy and heavenly.

D

5:43 pm  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Rin: Nemmain! Next time we can video call!

Aunty Lyn: The Tua Pui will have to do the dirty work le. But he very good boy oredi.

D: Garfield? Who that? The creator ah? As in name right? Not the fat cat right? Hee.

Eh, dark chocolate is still the best. More value - you get more cocoa in it. Bwhahahaaha...

And that yellow and black fish IS Heavenly, or Itchy. I can't remember the names of the other fishies la. Can't find their pix on the internet. :P

6:20 pm  
Blogger adriene said...

i love dark chocolate myself. i prefer it to "regular" chocolate because it's more bitter and less sweet. not much of a sweet tooth myself.

and coincidentally, i have been thinking of brightening up my room with a little plastic aquarium and some little fishes lately.

take care,
adriene

1:18 am  
Blogger farked said...

MILK chocolate's the way to go, damnit! dark chocolate is just... ugh!! chocolate is made more sinful by being swwweeeeeet....not bitter.

diabetes is my destiny (sadly)!

10:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home