"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Chasing the adrenaline rush

MT needed to get her mountain bikes serviced so I was at Bike Pro in Taman Megah today. LS, the hardcore triathlete colleague of mine was there too, as she knew the people at the shop very well.

I inquired about getting a 2nd-hand racing bike, with a budget of 2K max. LS and BF the shopowner, discussed the type of bike I should get. Then LS offered to lend me her spare frame. A Scott frame which is a pretty damn good one. That way, all I have to spend on would be parts and wheels. And for my budget of 2K, I'd get a much better bike (by better, I mean by my 'beginner' standards... LS's current bike is worth at least 15K. Now that's nuts.)

This, is under the condition that I will go riding with them on a regular basis (if not, what's the point right?) and that I will actually participate in triathlons when I'm ready. DEAL!

So, the frame is on loan. Although we did talk about trading it for a Polar heart rate monitor-watch that struck her fancy in the shop. Hee hee. Now that would be too much of a good deal. A RM377 watch for a RM1000+ frame.

Speaking of which, I have been looking for a HRM as well. But compared to the prices of Polar HRMs, the Timex is way better value for money, feature for feature.

Found a VERY good deal on amazon.com. With a 30% amazon.com discount, it's only HALF the price (under RM200 before delivery) of what it's selling for in KL (RM399). Thing is, they don't deliver to Malaysia! How crap is that? Singapore, yes! Thailand, yes! but NOT Malaysia! WTF?

So I could I either deliver it to friends with a permanent address in US, Australia or Singapore and wire some money over so they can deliver it to me, hehe. Can somebody help meee? :(

Over the next few months, I'll be accumulating the gear I need. And start riding once the bike is put together. I'm so excited. Can hardly wait!

Labels: , ,

4 wandered by:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

~~~~~~~~~~~~geekchic

I makeup and geek geek. You sports geek. Sigh. Yours healthier. :)

3:44 pm  
Blogger Yue-li said...

aiya u should have said earlier. my parents were in UK could have brought it back for u. too late!

wat happened to ur plans to take up diving? tsk tsk...

5:42 pm  
Blogger ... said...

Should have sent it to my mum. Afterall, she's back almost every other month. *shakes head*

-Rin

10:50 am  
Blogger Wandernut said...

Geek: But you got 2-pack wor... Hahahahah...

Yules: Diving will do wan. But this year not enuff leave days only. See how lor. Early next year lor! :D

Rin: But the package would take a few weeks to arrive and she'd be in China / KL / ???. When are you coming? Hehehe. Maybe I send to you ? :D Or maybe you can help me find out how much it is in Oz. I bet it's cheaper than KL too. I'll email you the details OK? :D

10:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home