"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Must. Get. Broadband.

All this while stupid me thought I was only spending RM30 plus a month on my dial-up which was heaps cheaper than say, RM77 for a 1MB Streamyx connection.

Then one day, while scrutinising my bills closely (instead of paying and filing them away to forget the pain), I realised that whatever the amount I paid for my TM.Net bill, I paid the same amount in my TM phone bill for the 1515 usage. So I spent RM60-RM70 anyway, for using the Internet for more or less an hour a day, at home. AAAAAACCCCCCKKKKK!!!!

So I could've gotten faster connections all day, all night long for the amount I've been paying for the past few years. AAAAAAACCCCCKKK!!! Imagine all the Dr.House episodes I could've downloaded. Or CSI episodes for my iPod. Or music. All the time I've wasted waiting and waiting just to download one song. AAAAAACCCCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!

Of course, using dial-up meant I never really had to deal with the idiocies of Streamyx, or Screwmyx as how Geek would call it. But mannn... I can't believe how duhhhh I've been.

So, first things first.
Get myself an ASDL (er, ADSL, er, whatever) modem, with wireless router so I can still surf in my bed (yay, no need all the cables). Then go apply for Streamyx before CNY. Let them ding-dong ding-dong abit and hopefully I'll be on broadband by March. Good thing the Geek is just an MSN or text message away for some 'tech consultancy'. Goodness knows how she puts up with my tech-doofusness (or makeup-cluelessness for that matter). Heh! Thanks beb!

But eh, itu Benefit 'face illuminator' still looks like nail polish to me. It does! It does!

Labels: ,

3 wandered by:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

~~~~~~~~~~~geekchic

You're most welcome, Nart. And, there's nothing to "put up with" :) It's merely answering questions when I can.

Eh itu Benefit ah...bukan nail polish la!!! :P

3:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lo and behold!! NA NA is getting broadband! think I'll still stick to dial-up, thanks!


D

5:51 pm  
Blogger Yue-li said...

Yay! Finally! Now you can be a download pirate like me!

:D

7:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home